Posting Job Title: Sr Director, Engineering Operations
Requisition #: 135058BR
Posting Location: United States - Texas - Coppell
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
The Time Warner Cable Texas Market - West Region currently seeks a Sr Director of Engineering Operations in our Engineering Department in our Coppell, TX office. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The objective of the Sr. Director of Engineering Operations will be to lead the operations and engineering teams for regional headend and interactive Engineering operations. (i.e., Market centers, DNCS/DAC/VOC/SDV/CDN etc.) The individual will lead a team of engineering professionals responsible for ensuring reliability, service delivery, quality assurance and the prevention of system vulnerabilities as well as oversee strategic planning of video and core applications which originate from the regional market Centers. The individual will ultimately be responsible for supplying service to 11.5million PSU’s across the West Region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly accountable to the Regional VP of Engineering Operations for providing the highest level of availability and quality for TWC’s West regions Video services serving 11.5 million PSU’s. Video service that include, SDV, Startover, LookBack VOD, Interactive applications.
- Manages and provided strategic direction to Engineering team focused on the development and delivery of new video services and Interactive applications, architectures and designs. Key focus on improving service reliability and performance to exceed customer expectations.
- Proactively responds and manages new and emerging technologies and architecture changes to TWC’s networks and operating processes.
- Directly accountable for meeting financial and operating objectives of the West region for capex and opex.
- Helps to cultivate future leaders within Network Operations & Engineering by giving them accountability and opportunities for growth.
- Manage department to build consistency in policies procedures and bring parity to the operations.
- Implement KPI’s to measure performance.
- Improve service reliability and performance through assessment and best practice development across the West Region. (Create standards for Video teams to adhere to with respect to vendors, deployments and monitoring).
- Analyze current working methods to create improvements in processes and results.
- Clearly define Standard operating procedures for all routine activity with well understood metods of Procedures.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer experience and to decrease time to market for new products.
- Standardize networks.
- Influence stakeholders of strategic process and efficiency improvements. ( i.e., create MOP’s for all customer facing activity – channel additions, changes, code updates, etc.)
- Makes strategic and tactical decisions that directly affect the organization’s video performance and directions.
- Requires daily decision making that could potentially impact the 11.5 million PSU’s in the West Region.
- Make decisions on when and how best to launch customer code, products and services as well as manage service impacting events to minimize customer impact. (VOD, SDV, addressability).
- Directly accountable for 60+ million in capital spending in our West Region’s headends and market centers.
- Defines strategy, policy and procedures for our support contracts and sparing plans that directly impact the regional P&L. Indirect accountability because the team provides leadership and support of our residential and video service and applications for 11.5 million PSU’s.
Note: This Job Summary should not be construed, to be all inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. While the description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
- Must have 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Must have 7-10 years leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and industry certifications from vendors such as Cisco, Scientific Atlanta, Alcatel Lucent, etc. required.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
Drug Test / Background Check / High School Diploma or Equivalent is Required
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ449
Controlling Establishment ID: 00351 - Coppell Canyon
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...