Sr Director, Global Infrastructure
Job Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Category: Information Technology
More information about this job:Overview:
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Senior Director, Global Infrastructure Services will lead the ongoing strategy, design, and implementation of enterprise infrastructure services at Dolby, including networking, data centers, servers, PaaS, and storage. This position will oversee a large, global infrastructure team and engage in the planning and deployment of technology management services, operations and platform services, data management services, vendor management, and compliance efforts to support business objectives. Additional responsibilities include strategic planning, project management, and identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and process improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Focused on a highly reliable, scalable and supportable infrastructure solutions to satisfy Dolby’s needs.
- Drives high-performance global infrastructure strategy, architecture, solution development and implementation. This includes planning, design, delivery, project management; daily operational management; a focus on business needs and customer service; team skills development, recruitment and retention; and fiscal responsibility as well as management of outsourced relationships for maximum effectiveness.
- Understands the strategic needs of IT to deliver the solutions that the business demands, in a timely, scalable, and affordable solution.
- Works with Senior leadership throughout the company to develop and deliver solutions which will satisfy today’s requirements and scale to meet future requirements.
- Develops and implements strategic performance metrics for infrastructure.
- Establishes, plans, and administers the overall policies and goals for the infrastructure team. Analyzes the needs of departments across Dolby (globally) and establishes priorities for feasibility studies, solution design and implementation to develop new and / or modify the existing technology infrastructure. Drives the selection and timing of project or program investments based on company’s strategic plan and available resources.
- Provides technology and process component thought leadership for infrastructure services. Requires continual skill advancement/awareness of industry trends and developments in infrastructure, how these can be applied in the service of Dolby’s business needs, and the corresponding ability to influence strategic and tactical priorities as appropriate.
- Partner with senior leadership within IT and business to establish and refine, as-needed, service level commitments for infrastructure. Measure service delivery to ensure that the agreed-upon targets are consistently met.
- Develop strong and collaborative customer / partnership relationships within both technical and business organizations. Establish IT Infrastructure team, and IT as a whole, as a trusted advisor / partner and source of business-relevant technical expertise. Continuously manage customer expectations, at all levels of the organization from end user through executive. Establish and maintain regular communications with IT Leadership regarding infrastructure initiatives, performance, concerns, etc.
- People management: Clearly set and manage expectations of staff in terms of job responsibilities and career development. Should be passionate about people development and focused on growing strong team aligned with IT and Dolby values. Enable an environment that fosters high performance and engagement; establish policies to ensure adequate management development. Coaching / mentoring will be key part of job responsibilities, clearly understanding individual staff members’ needs in different areas and tailoring management style accordingly.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related field of study, with at least 12 years experience and demonstrable focus in IT leadership and management.
- Proven ability to manage a large, world-wide team.
- Proven change agent who has standardized, simplified and automated IT environments.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of Information Technology including planning, designing, and implementing complex integrated environments comprised of UNIX, VMWare, web, middleware, ERP and database components and the ability to ensure high availability by leveraging clustering and load balancing. Experience with operating system, storage topology, network architecture, and middleware components.
- Demonstrated experience with managing outsourced relationships for maximum viability
- Broad based, management and project leadership experience in all aspects of Information Technology Work Processes: IT Project Planning, IT Architecture Design, Infrastructure Design, Configuration, Development and Implementation, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning, Business Case Development, Financial Planning and Budgeting Processes
- Analytical, logical thinker with intuitive ability to connect with multiple individuals at all levels in the organization and tailor communication appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Powered by the iCIMS Talent Platform (Opens new window)
Applicant Tracking Software
Dolby - 23 months ago
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. develops and delivers products and technologies that improve the entertainment experience. The Company’s...