The opportunity is big, relevant and exciting: to play the key role in leading Market Research that will help Move better understand perceptions of our Brand, the competition, sales opportunities and strategic initiatives for Move, the pioneer in online real estate services. Nearly half of U.S. home sales today originate with information presented on the Internet and the real estate market continues to evolve through the use of mobile devices and social media. Move, Inc., which operates the realtor.com Web site and other online assets, attracts more than 20 million unique users a month and intends to be on the cutting edge of these trends. The Senior Director of Market Research will play a leadership role by identifying and conducting research to inform and recommend strategies for the executive staff and key marketing, product and sale leaders to meet company goals. This leader will also present research both internally and externally and be very visible in the industry and with our key partners, such as NAR. |
The Sr. Director, Market Research will report to the Executive Vice President of Marketing, and will be responsible for defining and driving the market research strategy related to consumers, customers, competition, and the overall industry for Move, Inc. and its key brands. He/She will identify market research needs and priorities based on the company’s strategy and an in-depth understanding of the market. This individual will oversee all market research projects, delivering compelling insights that drive key business decisions across the company. The individual will manage external research agencies and consultants as well as identify other third party research assets that will meet the company’s needs to make informed decisions and strategies. He/She may also manage internal contractors as needed to successfully meet the vast needs of the organization. The person will also collaborate closely with the various analytics, product and finance teams to develop comprehensive and thorough actionable recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of primary qualitative and quantitative research from initial design through analysis and synthesis of findings.
- Work closely with the marketing organization and executive staff to understand and
- prioritize research needs that will have a direct and significant impact on the business
- Define and drive an integrated market research strategy, plan and budget that fill
- knowledge gaps and provides a comprehensive view of the customers, the market,
- and the brand
- Bring the voice of the consumer and business partners into the organization, and
- ensure that key decisions across the company are based on a strong foundation of
- customer understanding
- Work closely with the rest of the Marketing and Sales team to incorporate research findings into
- development of brand, business, marketing and sales strategies that drive brand awareness,
- brand perceptions and ultimately, product adoption by consumers and sales to business
- Collaborate closely with the various Analytics team and Finance to package research findings with customer usage data analysis in order to create consumer and customer stories for the Executive, Marketing, Sales and PR teams
Education, Skills and Experience:
- MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- 10-15 years of experience as a hands-on, market research professional in
- fast-paced, technology environments (including web and mobile companies)
- Consumer as well as B2B research experience
- Experience in Brand research and testing, including experimental design for media mix and impact of online and/or offline marketing initiatives
- Prior responsibility for defining and managing organizational research strategy,
- projects and budget
- Substantial experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research
- methodologies, including but not limited to exploratory research techniques,
- segmentation, concept testing, brand/equity tracking, experimental design.
- Experienced, effective manager of internal projects and external research vendors
- Proven track record of defining, designing, implementing, and delivering actionable
- research with high organizational impact
- A passion for understanding the customer and their needs
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and create and conduct research studies and surveys without the assistance of outside support.
- Ability to understand, interpret, evaluate, integrate and synthesize data from multiple
- sources including on-site data, primary research and secondary research
- Talent for transforming data into clear and compelling insights that drive business
- Excellent strategist with superior analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and partner with analysts and researchers in UED and other functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to influence others
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to synthesize vast amounts of research information into a concise and compelling summary
The Senior Director of Marketing Research will receive a competitive compensation package based on their level of experience.
Move, Inc. - 5 months ago
Move, Inc. is the leader in online real estate and operator of the Move network of real estate web sites for consumers and real estate...