At Illumina, our goal is to apply innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. It is mission critical for us to deliver innovative, flexible, and scalable solutions to meet the needs of our customers. As a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and providing the highest level of quality, we strive to meet this challenge. Illumina's innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics. We are advancing human health by unlocking the power of the genome.
We are looking for a Sr. Director, Product Development that will report to the Vice President of Product Development. The ideal candidates will possess the following competencies:
Technical Leadership: The Sr Director of Product Development will provide the vision and leadership to develop core assays and applications. You will focus on the design, development, and integration of cutting edge DNA analysis systems. This includes the development and integration of sample preparation methods, optimization of next generation sequencing biochemistry and integration of user-friendly solutions for the analysis of NGS data. The position requires a seasoned technical team leader that is able to take a project from concept through commercialization. It is essential that the candidate have a track record of working collaboratively on projects with customers, has excellent communication skills and is able drive collaboration in a matrix organization. More importantly, the candidate must have the vision and ability to plan strategically for long-term success in the NGS DNA analysis market.
People Management: You will have multiple direct reports and will be actively involved in developing and mentoring individuals. Managers work closely with their direct reports to provide guidance on projects, develop goals and evaluate performance. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to create and maintain a training program that ensures excellence in product development.
Project Management: You will be expected to be a "hands on" member of each project team and provide direction to ensure that the project meets business objectives. The design, analysis, and deliverables of the project are of the highest quality, and that team members have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities. Your ability to partner and drive cross-functional alignment is essential to a successful product development effort.
*This is an ideal opportunity for a VP or CTO of a small technical company who has proven development/application experience looking for the next challenge.
• Develop commercialization and product strategies that are successful in the market.
• Ability to travel and develop deep collaborative relationships with experts in the field
• Participate in and lead development projects using a product development process
• Explore new technologies and identify creative solutions to overcome current process and assay limitations
• Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of company objectives
• Supervise and direct scientists and research assistants
• Build strong working relationships across functional areas of the company
• Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods
• Optimize assay and process conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance
• Other duties determined by the management team
Education and Experience:
• Ph. D. in the biological sciences
• 10-12 years of commercial product development experience required
• Previous management experience is required
• Experienced product development executive is highly desired
• Experience in development of next generation sequencing systems, biochemistry and assays preferred
• Experience developing or implementing high-throughput production systems a plus
• Proven skills in analysis of large complex data sets required
• Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across multiple disciplines such as biochemistry, engineering and software highly desired
• Experience with Six Sigma process improvement and Critical Parameter Management is desired
• Must be detail oriented and highly motivated
• Must have a desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
• Solid communication and writing skills required
Ilumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 8 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...