Responsible for defining and driving project requirements within the Fortinet Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for engaging with Marketing, Sales, Customer Support and Engineering, to capture and manage product requirements from concept to launch, including writing detailed requirements specifications, daily product management activities, product launch and regular maintenance for features. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, and ability to prioritize requirements based on strategic and customer revenue opportunities, as well as plan product roadmaps with resource and time-to-market considerations.
- Strong technical and market familiarization with networking and security technologies, including firewall, routing, anti-virus, intrusion prevention, virtual private networking, etc. With a specific focus on token based authentication technology and techniques for user authentication in general.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure & deployments, including security, routing, switching, management, log aggregation, reporting, etc.
- Ability to manage the entire Product Life Cycle for assigned products by creating new product concepts and serving as the central resource with design, development, QA, manufacturing, marketing as the product moves to completion and distribution.
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferably in the networking or security sectors.
- 2+ years of product / project management, and understands the general product planning discipline.
- Experience working with engineers, software architects and QA to get features implemented.
- Cross collaboration teamwork experience in working with development engineering, field sales and directly with customers.
- Candidates should have solid organizational skills and be excited about working hard in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player and have exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in EE, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
Fortinet - 2 years ago