This Position is a Safety Representative for the Southern Region in the Kermit, TX office location of the EHS department.
- At least four (4) years of experience in safety.
- Understanding of State and Federal regulations regarding safety.
- Basic understanding of safety compliance issues, procedures, and regulations as they apply to petroleum and production operations.
- Must communicate effectively with operation/technical staff, management, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Proficient technical and computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist in the implementation, execution, and oversight of Anadarko safety and health programs
- Assist operation teams with planning, preparation, and presentation of safety training sessions
- Perform audit functions to assure compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies & procedures
- Assist facility supervisors and other personnel with compliance efforts regarding OSHA and DOT regulatory requirements including Process Safety Management, Record Keeping, Emergency Response Plans, Operator Qualifications, and Public Awareness Programs
- Assist operation personnel with safety related questions through research and communication with other region personnel and industry contacts
- Conduct incident investigations to determine cause, identification of prevention measures, and establishment of appropriate procedures
- Coordinate contractor safety meetings and communications
Bachelor degree preferably in safety, science, engineering, or industry related field
Valid driver's license with no restriction that would prohibit driving a company vehicle
This position is eligible for domestic relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 20% to 30%
Typically a 40 hours/week Monday-Friday schedule, but occasional weekend work may be required
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...