HOK is currently seeking a Sr Electrical Project Engineer to join our team. Sr Project Engineers will be responsible for the successful delivery of large building projects, including managing and mentoring the team of electrical engineers on the project, developing concepts and budgets, and producing the design.
Project Management and Technical Improvement
- Looks for ways to improve electrical engineering design and design processes
- Able to guide the development of Revit tools to improve productivity.
- 10% time devoted to project management and technical improvement initiatives.
- Project Management shall include project manpower estimates, project communications, budget monitoring and inputs, organizing deliverables, setting project standards for delivery.
- Development of typical details, specifications, and drawing standards, including development of Revit standards in coordination with the BIM team.
- Keeping abreast of industry and technology changes and trends, and recommend changes in approach and services as appropriate.
- Improvement of analytic processes and documentation, common solutions, and critical solutions.
- 90% time devoted to the engineering of projects, particularly large or complex projects.
- Engineering shall include responsibility for the project engineering of large projects from concept and schematic design through construction documents to construction and commissioning.
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer’s projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- Perform site visit surveys to determine engineering strategies for renovation, and to document and evaluate existing systems.
- Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
- Project reviews at all stages of design
- Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of the projects to budget.
- Mentoring of engineering staff on projects.
Performance measured on project results
- As needed, provide support to business development, including write-up of key aspects of projects and presentation of work at industry events, and prepare fee estimates and assumptions for electrical disciplines on potential projects.
- Efficiency and profitability of the projects, in collaboration with other team members, and the project’s contributions to overall office and firm-wide success.
- Cohesiveness of the project team, as evidenced by ease of delivery, consistency of quality and delivery tools and standards, including drawings and specifications, and team communication.
- Quality of design solutions, as measured by level of integration, awards, unique solutions, achieving high sustainability goals, and recognition by peers as excellence.
- The quality of work produced, as measured by ease of the design and construction processes and client satisfaction.
- Client repeat business
- Contributions to bringing in new work
- Ability to engineer and deliver projects over $100m.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple practices across HOK’s organization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form, with an understanding of industry communication protocols.
- Must be able to inspire owners and designers
- Set, monitor and deliver to budgets.
- Project team leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong multi-disciplinary project team leadership
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
- Expert in current sustainable technologies applicable to the particular engineering discipline.
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Design of electrical systems for complex buildings and campuses
- Design of mission critical systems, including working with clients to establish performance criteria.
- Design of Fire Alarm and Life Safety systems for complex projects and complex controls strategies.
HOK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Bachelors of Science in engineering degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Licensed PE.
- NCEES record allowing registration in any state.
- LEED AP or GA required within 12 months of employment.
- Expert at all aspects of their discipline, including a track record of recent successful major projects over $100m, and one major project over $250m.
- 10 years project engineering experience, from concept to opening, with completed high profile projects included in the mix.
- Experience in leading or working in integrated teams.
- Experience in design and delivery of LEED Gold or Platinum projects.
- Experience with architecturally significant buildings
- Experience with potential project types in commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation, and healthcare sectors.
- Experience with Architecturally significant Buildings, Controls and Commissioning, Central Plants, Multi- Emergency Generator systems, and Mission Critical buildings preferred.
HOK - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
HOK has designs on your project -- but in this case, that's a good thing. The global architectural company provides planning, design,...