MillerCoors is built upon a foundation of more than 288 years of brewing heritage. It is a legacy driven by our founders to brew the highest quality beers, and a commitment that continues today. Our vision is to create America's best beer company by driving profitable growth. And we insist on building our brands the right way through quality brewing, responsible marketing, and a commitment to sustainable development and community investments. We're building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the beer business, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always aim to amaze customers by doing the little things that make a big difference. |
Posting Job Description
Manages the employee relations function within the Brewery to include development, planning and implementation of programs directly related to internal placement, external recruiting, labor relations, benefits and salary administration. To serve as a liaison between brewery management and union employees and their representatives. Interprets and administers provisions of the labor agreement and provides oversight and direction in compliance efforts related to labor and employment law.
Provide consultation support and training to all levels of management on labor issues, to include interpretation and application of the labor agreement, guidance and counsel on performance management issues and disciplinary investigations, oversight and direction of the grievance procedure to include responsibility for preparation and presentation of the company's position at Step 3 and in arbitrations. Prepares bargaining book and supports Company advocate during contract negotiations.
Conducts all facets of the recruitment and selection process for production, craft and salaried employees from inception of the approved vacancy to onboarding of the new employees.
Provides oversight and direction for administration of employment activities and policies to ensure regulatory compliance. Investigates and prepares company response with respect to alleged violations, complaints or claims associated with employment and labor laws. Represents company in hearings and arbitrations relating to Unemployment claims, Workers Compensation, Contract administration and EEO.
- BS or BA degree in Human Resources or related field, advanced degree preferred .
- Minimum of five (5) years business knowledge and experience in Human Resources.
- Mininum of three (3) years experience directly involved in all facets of labor relations in a union environment.
- Requires advanced generalist knowledge of Human Resource principles and Company Human Resource objectives.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Company policies, procedures and practices relating to the administration and implementation, strategic planning and integration of Human Resource programs and processes (i.e. Compensation, Benefits, Labor Relations, Health and Safety, EEO/Affirmative Action, Organizational Development, Human Resource Planning, Employment, Employee Services, Employee Assistance and Employee Reward and Recognition).
- Requires advanced knowledge of federal, state and local regulations relating to the above areas.
- Requires high level of skill in the following: interpersonal effectiveness, developing working relationships, written and verbal communication, analysis and problem solving, administration, and persuasion/negotiation.
MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put aside their...