Posting Job Title: Sr Engineer, Data Warehouse Designer
Requisition #: 143545BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Data Warehouse Designer for our BI & DW Solutions Team. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Designs, develops, manages and/or updates data models (both logical and physical) of the staging, data warehouse and data mart areas. Works with DBAs to migrate schema changes between development, QA and production environments.
- Possesses full life cycle experience in data warehousing;
- Understands the fundamental concepts and architectural principles of data warehousing;
- Familiar with data warehouse design best practices such as dimensional modeling and star schemas;
- Evolves data models to meet new and changing business requirements;
- Coordinates collection of business requirements for data needs;
- Captures and maintains metadata and data dictionaries for all data warehousing components;
- Maps logical data models to physical data models and the Data Definition Language;
- Communicates database designs to database administrators;
- Optimizes database design for applications which let end users access and analyze data in a data warehouse or data mart;
- Stays current in new data warehousing technologies and seeks opportunities to develop knowledge;
- Interacts with ETL Architects/Developers and BI Developers on how data models are designed and makes enhancements based on new and future requirements gathered from Business Analysts;
- Explains data models to business users and program sponsors;
- Designs schemas for optimal query performance on the Netezza platform.
- Experience with ERwin Data Modeler tool.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing MPP platforms such as Netezza and/or Teradata.
- Familiarity with BI tools such as MicroStrategy, Essbase and/or Tableau.
- Familiarity with ETL tools for large data volumes such as Informatica and/or Ab Initio.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Time Warner Cable - 19 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...