Develop and maintain the PC based automotive technical diagnostic and information system MEDIC. Manage technical aspects of the MEDIC project and CARB/EPA Website development.
1) Develop and maintain MSI database for use in MEDIC-II/MUT-III (Scan Tool Viewer) and CARB/EPA web projects.
2) Develop and maintain new programs / programming for MEDIC-II/MUT-III and adapt to CARB/EPA web site as directed by management.
3) Compile technical documents into the MEDIC Technical Information Retrieval (TIR) program. Set up compiled documents for downloading to MEDIC systems. Maintain, update, troubleshoot and resolve data conversion and authoring system issues.
4) Develop system upgrades to current MEDIC / Scan Tool Viewer systems to ensure maximum usefulness and minimal user problems with management’s concurrence.
5) Work with appropriate resources to ensure current MEDIC programs will operate properly in the next generation information and diagnostic solution.
6) Provide Level 2 and Level 3 technical support as needed to ensure MEDIC and Scan Tool Viewer systems remain fully functional.
7) Provide direction to MEDIC System Specialist
8) Develop artwork for distributed MEDIC and Scan Tool Viewer Software
9) Serve as the primary MMNA technical interface for CARB/EPA Website Development and Support
10) Other duties as assigned or required.
1) 5 to 7 years experience in technical writing/editing including desktop publishing, with at least two years working with the MEDIC System
2) 2 – 3 years program code authoring and system engineering experience
3) Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1) Knowledge of LAN/WAN system networking technology
3) MS/MBA degree or other appropriate advanced degree
Some travel may be required.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of North America - 13 months ago