Posting Job Title: Sr Engineer, Network
Requisition #: 139026BR
Posting Location: Cerritos, CA, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Southern California Operations- West Region currently seeks a Sr Network Engineer for our Engineering Department in our Cerritos, CA office. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Sr. Network Engineer position will be responsible for all fiber-based commercial services/products in Southern California, Mountain West & Hawaii including design, implementation, service activation, MACD, support and network maintenance functions. This position will also be responsible for the oversight and ongoing mentoring/training of Network Engineers within the team
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Configure, service and support all core, edge and CPE routing and switching equipment necessary for the delivery of all fiber-based Business Class products and services. This includes all equipment, both active and passive, in the network
- Test, validate and document all new core, edge and CPE hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- Generate MOP's (Method of Procedure) and coordinate with the RNOC/GNOC on all service affecting and non-service affecting maintenance activities
- Document all core alarm points are being properly monitored and maintain accurate and detailed core circuit design records and drawings. This includes both creating the records as well as ensuring they are updated for any as-built or service restoration changes.
- Assist with the design and provisioning of all provider edge, customer premise equipment and other related equipment as necessary and directed
- As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all core equipment necessary for the delivery of TWC's advanced Fiber Service offerings. Ensure the commercial customer support team is kept up to date on the progress of all repair and upgrade activities. Also assist commercial service techs in troubleshooting, testing and repair of all last mile and customer premise equipment and other related equipment as necessary and directed
- Participate in the creation and review of event post mortem documentation to ensure accurate and meaningful post mortems are created. Review all post mortem documents and implement procedures to minimize future service outages and shorten the duration.
- Maintain all spare stock for all core equipment necessary for the delivery of metro Ethernet and regional transport. Track all equipment RMAs and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all core commercial equipment such as software upgrades and equipment upgrades and assist with such maintenance on the last mile and customer premise network equipment as needed.
- Work with the RDC personnel to maintain, configure, and upgrade element manager servers as needed for both the core network equipment and last mile network equipment
- Ensure security to all network equipment including development and maintenance of commercial firewalls and access lists.
- Expected and required to act as a team lead and mentor for Network Engineers
- Review and approve configuration files and MOPs from Network Engineers on the team
Note: This Job Summary should not be construed, to be all inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. While the description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
- 5-7 years plus of designing, deploying, operating, trouble resolution and supporting MPLS, VPLS, BGP and Metro Ethernet services.
- 5 years of designing, deploying, operating, trouble resolution and supporting WDM OTH transport technologies (DWDM, CWDM, ADM, OADM, ROADM)
- Working experience with Telcordia Granite inventory and circuit database preferred.
- Working experience with Juniper MX platform and Junos preferred
- Working experience with Remedy ticketing system, SevOne and Solarwinds Orion preferred.
- Industry recognized network certification is preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Expert understanding of Ethernet technology, 100BaseT, Gigabit Ethernet, CWDM, DWDM, LAN, WAN network design and an understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical
- Advanced Layer2 experience/knowledge in VLANs, stacked switches, QinQ, dot1q and VLL's
- Thorough understanding of transport protocols including MPLS, VPLS, RPR, SONET and related
- Intimate knowledge of IP Multicasting, OSPF, RIP, ISIS, EIGRP, SNMP and BGP
- Experience in design, configuration, implementation, support and operation of ring/mesh/star, high end Layer2 & Layer3 networks
- Experience in optics and optical networking and possesses a demonstrated knowledge of CWDM/DWDM systems, fiber amplifiers, optical components, and associated networking technologies
- Strong Metro Ethernet knowledge including Carrier Ethernet, QOS, COS, OAM, CIR, EVC, EPL, EVPL, E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree, Etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with HFC infrastructure with emphasis on CMTS and DOCSIS
- Experienced and knowledgeable in network incident isolation and troubleshooting techniques including network troubleshooting tools including OTDR, OSA, Ethernet/TDM Meter, RF Meter, Multimeter
- Advanced understanding of OSPF, BGP and detail leveled routing
- Complete understanding of CIDR, IP Subnetting, ASN and ARIN allocations
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and safe driving history.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ449
Controlling Establishment ID: 00389 - Cerritos
Time Warner Cable - 20 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...