Posting Job Title: Sr Engineer, Network WIFI
Requisition #: 143368BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Principal Engineer for our Network Sustaining Engineering Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Perform ongoing advanced support and optimization of the TWC national IP backbone for aim of delivering, voice, video, wireless, and data services to TWC residential and commercial customers
2. Implement new configurations into a Backbone core routing network with a focus on support for service provider WiFi core network.
3. Manage changes by ensuring proper ticketing, notification, methods of procedures (MOPs) composition, and post maintenance communication.
4. Be available for after-hours on-call for instances that require prompt service or redundancy restoration.
5. Design audit methods, KPI trending, and reporting to proactively minimize problems in the network
6. Present highly technical concepts to various audience members ranging from engineers concerned about technical details to executive managers focused on overall business objectives
7. Manage vendors to ensure bugs and high failure rates are addressed in a prompt manner to minimize impact to the business and end customer
1. Strong team player with the ability to work individually when needed
2. Thorough expertise in a service provider Backbone IP routing and switching network utilizing technologies including BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, IPv6, QoS, and multicast.
3. Experience in managing WiFi service gateways (i.e. Cisco ASR ISGs, Juniper SRX Services Gateways).
4. Experience in managing carrier class core Backbone routers (i.e. Cisco CRS, Juniper T/MX).
3. Strong background in an operations environment with an understanding of critical processes including implementation, provisioning, surveillance, incident management, problem management, and change management
4. Understanding of the interactions of OSI layer 3 and 4 network with higher layer systems applications like DHCP, DNS, LDAP, and email
5. Firm understanding of the product development process from conception and business analysis to engineering and QA
7. Thorough understanding of IP address management and interaction with ARIN
8. Ability to identify design requirements for OSS and BSS architecture for support of network operations
9. Ability to identify and articulate the impact of technical solutions to operational, financial, and legal objectives of the business
10. Thorough understanding of network capacity planning methods and procedures.
11. Experience in analyzing and assembling a capital budget for initial implementation and future scaling of a network
12. Excellent verbal and presentation skills with the ability to lead a meeting and speak to audiences ranging from engineers to senior management
13. Solid technical writing skills with attention to detail on grammar, punctuation, and spelling
14. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to diplomatically reach mutually beneficial outcomes
15. Strong analytic problem solving and troubleshooting skills
16. Flexibility to work extra hours and holidays if needed
17. Availability to be contacted after hours including weekends and holidays via a pager or cell phone
18. Experience conducting network performance reviews, trend analysis, and chronic issue identification
19. Ability to manage changing priorities and pressure levels while keeping a positive outlook.
The ideal candidate will have 12+ years supporting a large scale carrier IP network delivering, voice, video and data services. Experience in a DOCSIS related MSO environment is a plus.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Travel 20 %
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 13 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...