Posting Job Title: Sr Engineer, WIFI Access
Requisition #: 143369BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Senior Engineer, WiFi Access for our ATG Sustaining Engineering Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide proactive and reactive an Operations TAC-level escalation for Time Warner Cable's WiFi product.
- Issue Tech Bulletins and Field Service Alerts to notify company of software and hardware bugs as well as associated impact, workaround, and fixes.
- Responsible for training and education of preceding Operational levels.
- Perform vendor management to include ticket reviews, Operational QBR's, resolution of systemic issues such as bugs and abnormally high failure rates.
- Establish Operational best practices and standard operating procedures for deployment, support, break-fix, and management (monitoring, inventory, sparing, etc.).
- Provide audit guidance to ensure Wifi environment is in compliance with Network Engineering standards.
- Interact with cross functional teams within Network Engineering and QA to review product requirements, functional specifications, and detailed designs.
- Spearhead efforts for deployment and field trials of new architecture and expansions.
- Successful candidate will have at least 7+ years of networking experience, preferably with a cable Multiple Service Operator (MSO) or other service provider.
- Understanding of WiFi connectivity setup, authentication, tear down and accounting.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, RF and full range of Operational tools and EMS's.
- Cisco and Juniper core router knowledge and WiFi Access Point and Controller support experience.
- Deep understanding of network management (SNMP, polling, security, etc.) and bandwidth capacity management.
- As a representative of a greater team, the candidate must have strong technical writing and communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a wireless network carrier operational environment and knowledge of data centers preferred. Strong background in networking including but not limited to: TCP/IP, firewalls, network authentication systems, SNMP, mobile devices, and Wi-Fi required.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot challenging issues in a network carrier environment using log files, test applications, and other debugging tools (packet captures) as well as the use of databases and the creation of SQL queries.
- Seasoned professional able to interact with people at all levels of the organization and with customers; effective communication skills with the ability to work with other groups to understand their work processes and information sources and to aggregate, organize, and present data.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Proficiency in trend analysis and the development of tools and techniques to further identify and classify problems.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Yes, Travel 15 %
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...