Posting Job Title: Sr Engineer Wireless
Requisition #: 143419BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Sr. Engineer for our Wireless Engineering Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The Sr. Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of TWCs Wireless & Mobile core. This position is part of a design team dedicated to Wireless Core Technologies, in areas including WiFI, 3G and 4G Technologies
The Sr. Engineer will work with other functional teams such as Business Development and Product Planning, convert those business requirements into technical requirements and lead the design of the Wireless Core, Policy Functions and Policy Enforcement systems to support those requirements.
The position requires advanced technical expertise to the implementation, support, and architecture of the networking technologies within the overall Wireless Core network infrastructure and the interaction of the Policy Functions with the Core. The role assesses network performance, redundancy, and scalability aspects of the Core Elements including Policy Functions. The roll will provide focus on long-range planning and strategy considerations, as well as supporting the development of technical standards.
Work with the Product and Engineering teams to establish and maintain the strategic technical architecture for TWC's Wireless initiatives in areas in the WiFI. Work with internal and external teams to evaluate new Technologies & determine deployment strategies for End to End integration of Wireless Technologies.
Subject matter expert for the Wireless Core, Policy Functions and Policy Enforcement systems and interface with engineering and product teams to address a Product Roadmaps, Requirements and compliance.
Lead the development of RFPs for Vendor Selection and evaluations for the Wireless Core Elements.
Excellent written, documentation and oral communication skills. The candidate must be a team player, with an inherent ability to work well under tight timelines, and have strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience with PCRF Functions
- Experience with Wireless Access Points Controllers
- Experience with AAA, Radius and Diameter Protocols
- Experience with SUN Solaris, Unix / Linux, Oracle/SQL
- Experience with C / C++, Java
- Understanding of LTE MME, CPG (SGW/PGW), HSS/PCRF
- Understanding of LDAP
- Experience with Core Network equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Extensive experience with Wireshark, Tshark and other Wire debugging tools
- Experience with COS/QOS/Policing
- Experience with IPv6
- Experience with Cisco Switches, Cisco ASR platform
- Preferred experience with cloud computing architectures - IAS, SAS, etc.
- Preferred CCNP or equivalent certification
- Preferred experience in ISP and/or telecommunications companies
- Experience with testing of calls flows, validation and reporting
- Experience with writing and executing Development and Functional Test Plans to support Wireless Core network validation and verification
- Understanding of internet protocols including IP, OSPF and BGP.
- Understanding with the various wireless technologies (i.e., WiFi 802.11n,b,g, CDMA, LTE) standards and architectures.
- Experiences with alarming testing and put together documentation for operations
- Strong documentation skills to produce
-High Level Design & Architecture Documents
-Detailed Design Documents
-Network Ready for Use Test Plans
-Configuration and Operations Guides
-Network Integration - OAM, Control Plane, Bearer Plane
-Services Integration - End-to-End Bearer Plane
- Hands on experience working with scripting languages such as TCL, Perl
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering
- Familiarity with wireless communication standards (WLAN, WiFi, 3G/4G and GPS)
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities :
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Travel 15 -20 %
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...