Greetings to our new direct placement applicants from GTA.
GTA has been selected by several domestic and foreign automotive OEM’s, multi-billion dollar automotive Tier 1 suppliers and a diverse mix of Tier II automotive suppliers to fill many of their current employment staffing needs.
Under the terms of our supply agreements, we cannot divulge the name of our clients until such time that you are picked for an interview, but we will share ALL company data with you as quickly as you are selected for an interview. Through the use of internet search tools, applicants can likely figure out who our customers are in some cases, as they may have the positions posted on their websites as well as having given them to us. Many firms do this as a tracking mechanism to gage their website volume. However, we would urge you to please apply through GTA as we can guarantee that your resume gets put in front of a hiring manager – and our efforts are all at no cost to you.
IF you apply on line to a customer, your name gets logged into their computer system and then when we submit you, it comes back to us rejected as a duplicate - and there is no guarantee that your online submittal gets reviewed in a timely manner - or at all. It is simply a function of how many human and software resources they have or don’t have to review hundreds of online submittals. That is why firms engage outside staffing suppliers such as GTA in order to help them through the maze of applicants. Stick with GTA and we will get your resume in front of those who can decide. That would include the HR or Recruiting Manager – and more importantly, the hiring manager.
Thank you very much in advance for submitting your resume. When you do submit your resume, there is a section marked “Message”. Please add your answers to our candidate pre-screening questions in this section when you apply. You will find the pre-screening questions at the bottom of the job description.
We will get back to you as soon as the customer provides feedback. Thank you for choosing GTA as your job search partner.
Title: Sr. Engineer Interior Trim (13-00165)
Location: Southfield, MI
Base Compensation: Competitive in the industry
Bonus eligible: Yes
Type of hire: Direct Placement
Travel: Up to 20%
• This position is for the Door Panels and Hard Trim team at the client site.
• Provide Engineering, Design and Manufacturing feasibility of Interior Automotive Trim Components utilizing solid engineering principles
• Develop and manage key engineering documents including: Open Issues, BOM's, DFMEA's, DVP&R's, DFM/A's, and CAD Data Tracking Matrix
• Works closely with Design, Tooling, and Manufacturing groups to assure product designs and utilizes best practices
• Responsible for Design Verification and Product Validation (DV and PV)
• Ability to work closely with the OEM's to assure the customer's design milestones are met
• Maintain engineering open issues and evidence documents in Project Management Data Base
• Initiate and manage Engineering Changes in Product Lifecycle Management System (PLM)
• Prefer an individual with applied knowledge of Plastic Design, Injection mold design principles, and Plastic Assembly processes
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including MS Project. Ability to utilize data based management systems.
• Strong leadership, oral and written communication, organizational skills
• Onsite customer launch experience is preferred, but not required
1. Please describe any engineering successes from positions that you have held in interior door panel or hard trim programs?
2. Are you able to interface with and lead team members if needed?
3. Are you also able to direct tooling and to lead the way to supplier resolutions as needed?
4. On a scale from 1-10, 10 being extremely knowledgeable, please rate yourself in the familiarity of these tools
e) Cad Data Tracking Matrix
5. Please provide details of any specific achievement(s) that you would like to highlight from your career that would make you a great fit for this position?
6. Are you currently working? If not when was your last day, and why did your employment end?
7. If you are currently working, why are you looking for new employment?
8. What is your current / last compensation rate?
9. What is your desired compensation rate for this position? (Please do not put negotiable) GTA will always try for the highest and greatest amount that you are seeking, but per the customers, that amount must be justified by prior compensation levels as well, please.
10. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
11. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?