The Senior Corporate Events Manager position supports the strategic planning, execution and oversight of company events which include tradeshow & conference sponsorships, client entertainment and internal company events, in alignment with marketing strategy. This position includes management of all elements of a program including budget development and reconciliation of each program, all logistics and content management including, but not limited to, venue site selection, contract negotiation, promotional strategy, premiums conception, attendee rooming lists, staffing schedules and vendor management. This individual must be a team player, who can multi-task and is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Simultaneously manage & execute multiple events of varying sizes at any one time. Excellent project management/coordinating skills are essential as is the ability to define, conceptualize and execute a successful event.
- Manage and track event marketing budget to promote company products and services to the target audience with a strong focus on ROI.
- Develop solid relationships with top industry organizations to secure sponsorships and speaking engagements to maximize company exposure, promote AOL’s products and services, and drive bottom-line results.
- Act as consultant and liaison to AOL Marketing and Sales divisions on event strategy, budget, and execution for revenue-driving events.
- Post-event tracking and ROI analysis to help measure the company’s marketing initiatives and to improve future performance.
Education / Experience:
- Energetic, outgoing, extremely well organized, professional and always works with integrity.
- Must be able to work independently, think quickly, and problem-solve calmly.
- Appropriately work with all levels in the organizational structure.
- Strong negotiation and event management skills required.
- 50% Travel is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years directly related experience in Event or Tradeshow Management, experience with Advertising Trade Industry a plus
- Experience with a Tech or Online company preferred
- CMP certification is desired but not required.
MS office, proficiency in excel, word and PowerPoint
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL - 2 years ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...