New York, NY
Exchange opportunities are a strategic priority for MetLife.
This position plays a key role within the Group Insurance Products Exchanges & Strategy group.
Lead critical strategy, communications and project management activities to help ensure we have solid strategic and operational plans in place to support our developing exchange strategy.
These activities fall into operational and implementation oversight, project management, distribution partnership, strategy development, internal and external communications, as well as special projects.
Will drive and own outcomes in these areas.
Develop strong partnerships within Group Insurance Products, Worksite & Voluntary as well as Group Administration and Operations to ensure strong alignment and support for exchange plans and priorities.
Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy for public and private exchanges.
This strategy includes market positioning and key messaging for inclusion in all sales materials.
Assess needs and makes recommendations for communications, sales and marketing materials for private and public exchanges.
This includes appropriate sharepoint site updates.
Maintain strong market and customer intimacy by staying in close contact with private exchange customer needs, market trends, competitive activities, customer experience and the changing political, economic, legislative, technological and demographic landscape.
Evaluate exchange opportunities and recommend go-forward strategy, facilitate external meetings to gather appropriate information.
Lead development and tracking of key exchange success metrics, as well as the process for monitoring, escalating and resolving issues.
Partner closely with Service, Implementation, IT and other partners to ensure successful implementations. This requires project management and project planning skills.
Evaluate and recommend improvements to the exchange processes to increase effectiveness.
Help drive alignment between our overall strategy and product portfolio strategy by participating in aspects of product strategy development.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Experience preferably in project management, strategy development, communications or related area. Strong preference for experience in public or private exchanges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to build relationships at all levels and work cross-organizationally and influence others.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with senior audiences
- Ability to independently drive the vision, strategy, execution, and outcomes for his/her areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated strong project and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, including problem structuring, analysis and ability to translate information into actionable implications and recommendations.
10+ Years of relevant business experience
Previous management experience
Masters Degree Preferred
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...