Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.
Disney Publishing Worldwide develops original, award-winning content (both Disney and non-Disney branded), including Disney books, magazines and comic books. Its products are printed in more than 85 languages across 103 countries, and it is considered the largest publisher of children’s books and magazines in the world.
This role will be responsible for the accounting for the accounting for
o Review and analyze Pub Licensing P&L.
- Review and analyze financial statements for publishing in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial statements
- Prepare actual financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
- Partner with Finance and understand publishing business operations and serve as a liaison between the finance/operation partners and the Accounting group
- Prepare and analyze cash flow statements for forecast and budget
- Provide guidance to our operation and finance partners on accounting treatment for various issues
- Review and analyze general ledger accounts
- Support an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase efficiency
- Special projects as required to support accounting, financial controls or business operations
o Ensure correctness and timeliness of Royalty statements posting.
o Ensure correctness of title set-up.
o Ensure correctness of title reporting.
o Review and analyze weekly CMC Pulse and Flash reports.
o Assist internaltional Publishing teams with , Transfer Fee and memo preparation.
o Review Pub Licensing cash application.
o Ensure correctness of Revenue Accounting.
o Ensure correctness and timeliness of Publising Licensing P&L and Balance Sheet.
Global Product Development and Category Costs
o Assist with closing monthly Global Editorial and Category books - ~$60M annually.
o Proper Editorial costs pool reporting by Publishing series, franchise and title.
o Assist in P&L preparation for monthly meetings with Global Creative, Global Art, Global Editorial, Operations and other department heads and Finance.
o Variance explanations and various internal and external reporting templates and reports.
o Assist with Q schedules preparation.
o Assist with Section 199 DMD.
o FX manual revaluation for all Publishing vertical businesses.
o Settlement and recording of all Global costs received from Publishing businesses worldwide.
Team player who will be able to manage multiple competing priorities to be able to meet tied deadlines
- SAP experience is desired, but not required
- Consumer Product and / or Publishing Accounting experience is highly preferred.
Degree in Accounting is required [CPA or CPA candidate preferred]
- 3-5 years of Accounting experience
Degree in Accounting is required
Disney - 14 months ago