RELATIONSHIP & SCOPE
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the AVP of Financial Reporting and is a pivotal team member of the Financial Shared Service Center. The Senior Financial Analyst will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel including other financial analysts, divisional leadership, and functional staff to interpret financial data and operational performance.
• Responsible for the preparation and analytical review of the quarterly and year end statutory financial statements for certain Pool / Quota Share legal entities. Coordinate the preparation of the Management Review analytics while gaining an understanding of the year end Risk Based Capital (RBC) Report, Crosschecks, and other supplemental statements and filings (i.e. Schedule D, Schedule F, Schedule P, IRIS Test results, and New Your Supplement).
• Actively involved in the verification of the statutory financial statements by reviewing the applicable legal entity footnotes, general interrogatories, electronic footnotes, and actuarial opinions.
• Prepare the Statutory Management Discussion and Analysis for select entities and make all applicable revisions and additions based upon current year events as necessary.
• Successfully perform various tasks within the Financial Shared Service Center, including data analysis, reconciliations, journal entry preparation, US GAAP and Statutory financial statement preparation and analysis, process documentation, and special projects.
• Assist in the preparation of the Audited Financial Statements and Notes for the Illinois Union Insurance Company. This includes the compilation of the fully referenced audit binder, along with a fluctuation analysis and disclosure checklist. Also assist in the preparation of the Illinois Union SAP to GAAP surplus and P&L reconciliation.
• Prepare reconciliations and research out-of-balances by running queries, analyzing PeopleSoft accounts, and communicating with business contacts.
• Continue to support departmental initiatives and play an active role with regard to special projects as identified by management.
• Through the use of various PeopleSoft end user query tools assist in the development and modification of various PeopleSoft queries, Nvsion, and Essbase generated reports which are utilized in the Statutory analytical review process.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Technical Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business with a major in Accounting or Finance
• CPA designation preferred
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills with an ability to learn accounting and insurance policy software
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work independently
• Microsoft Word and Excel experience required
• Proven problem solving skills
Required Personal Skills:
• Team player with customer service orientation
• Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven leadership experience in an academic or business setting
• Enthusiastic self-starter
• Demonstrated integrity and dedication
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...