, a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group, Inc., (NASDAQ - ASNA), offers casual career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories at value prices for women ages 35-55, operating approximately 830 stores in 48 states. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries,
, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with revenues of over $4 billion.
We know talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we also offer career development, excellent benefits, as well as a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts.
We are currently seeking a
Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
. This position will be responsible for management reporting and analysis of dressbarn's actual, plan and projections of financial statements, sales reporting, expense summaries and financial packages and act as a business partner.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the financial planning process including seasonal operating plan, strategic plan, and monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Provide financial analysis, reporting and decision-making support for key business activities.
- Lead in reporting and analysis of key performance metrics and analysis to achieve strategic objectives.
- Generate store reports by region & geographic zones
- Partner with Store Operations on critical event reporting
- Assist in the generation, preparation and review of monthly/quarterly financial statements/packages and various internal and external reporting documents.
- Lead in the generation of internal management reporting and performance variance analysis.
- Partner with functional leaders to manage expenses to plan and revise forecasts
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required by senior management.
- Participate in driving continuous improvement in financial reporting & analysis.
- BS Degree in Finance or Business Administration, MBA preferred.
- 4-8 years of progressive experience in a finance environment with financial analysis responsibilities and corporate reporting.
- Retail industry or Consumer experience considered a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with general ledgers and budgeting software required, Oracle or Hyperion considered a plus.
- Strong business acumen and ability to interact and negotiate with all levels of management.
- Strong written, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, modeling, forecasting and technical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to drive results, to formulate business strategy and to influence others across the organization.
- Open to new approaches to business and supports out of the box thinking.
- Quick to embrace new ideas and takes calculated risks.
Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel and...