The Senior Financial Analyst has responsibility for all phases of revenue, financial and operational reporting, planning, and analysis and other ad hoc projects. The position requires strong analytical and presentation skills as interfacing with functions across the company is critical to the candidate's success.
Tasks and responsibilities:
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Financial modeling, analytics, and general internal Finance support to Diagnostics, Corporate Finance & other functions.
- Interact with budget managers to review actual results and variances to budgets and forecast; Update quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Reconciliation and analysis of resource allocations by operating functions and by assigned business unit initiative
- Prepares and maintains reports on billing and collection activities routinely as well as performs periodic reconciliation of systems to backend ERP system working directly with finance and accounting leaders at Illumina
- Functional expert on various Illumina financial systems (i.e., Oracle E1, Cognos Planning, Cognos BI, SalesForce.Com and Quickbase).
- Analysis of large volumes of data (data mining) for data integrity, completion, reporting, and App usage for fraudulent activities.
- Support monthly/quarterly close process as it pertains to general ledger reviews, and revenue recognition processes and projections.
- Financial analysis to understand costs, benefits, and return on investment for strategic projects.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
Preferred educational background:
Preferred experiential background:
- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) from a four-year College or University.
- CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years work-related experience in a corporate finance role.
Finance/Accounting related duties.
- Business analysis and systems requirements definition experience in a high intensity environment, working with ecommerce systems
- Strong communication and project management skills are critical to success.
- Experience working within a functional Finance Support role where serving internal customers (e.g., Sales and Marketing) in a timely and efficient manner is as important as day-to-day
- Ability to acquire an in-depth knowledge of Illumina's technology and business processes and become familiar with a wide range of data sources and reporting applications.
- Knowledge of B2B and B2C web interfaces, usability design, and knowledge of the concepts to support improvements in online customer experience (nav, search, intuitive flow, etc.)
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks.
- Independent and highly motivated attitude and work ethic.
- Creative, disciplined and resourceful.
- Self-directed and able to work well and communicate effectively in a team environment. Hands on and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft PowerPoint a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience in interacting with all levels of management.
Illumina, Inc. - 22 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...