The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting with the accounting, reporting and financial statement preparation for the Bankers Life business segment for CNO Financial Group and for 2 legal entities (Bankers Life and Casualty and Bankers Conseco Life of NY).
* Assists with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting including segment reporting, statutory statements and GAAP and STAT MD&A disclosures for the Bankers Life segment and the Bankers Life and Casualty and Bankers Conseco Life of NY legal entities.
* Helps summarize the significant items of note related to the period.
* Assists with the legal entity financial reporting for the Bankers Life and Casualty and Bankers Conseco Life of New York legal entities (both GAAP and STAT). Prepares support that provides adequate audit evidence.
* Assists in the preparation of the statutory Annual Blue Books for 2 insurance subsidiaries (Bankers Life and Casualty and Bankers Conseco Life of NY). Performs cross check and other quality control procedures.
* Assists with the maintenance of the books and records to support the accounts of 2 legal entities (Bankers Life and Casualty and Bankers Conseco Life of NY).
* Assists with the performance of procedures to assure that the accounting and reporting functions are in compliance with all applicable accounting rules and requirements; and such requirements have been applied consistently in accordance with CNO and professional standards for the Bankers Life segment and 2 legal entities.
* Assists in determining GAAP and STAT accounting consequences for proposed and/or completed actions of the Bankers Life segment and 2 legal entities.
* Provides documentation and analysis that supports the needs of the Assistant Controller. Identifies potential issues for review with Assistant Controller. Assist with making improvements that benefit the Company.
* Assists with providing support and analysis for use by outside auditors and regulators. Supporting documents are clear and thoughtful and are prepared in an internal control environment that minimizes the possibility of error.
* Assists with providing accounting and financial information needed by the management of the Bankers Life segment. Develops reports and analyses that are free of material error.
* Remains current on accounting rules and financial reporting developments. Provides assistance in researching accounting issues.
* Assists in providing inputs for the annual plan for the Bankers Life segment and 2 legal entities. Also assists in providing commentary to explain significant fluctuations between actual results and the plan and forecasts.
* Assists in the calculation of RBC levels and in explaining significant variances for Bankers Life and Casualty and Bankers Conseco Life of NY.
* Assists in the calculation of key performance indicators and with the preparation of STAT to GAAP reconciliations. Assists with providing the documentation for significant fluctuations.
* Assists with providing information that helps with the analysis of the financial results of the Bankers Life segment and 2 legal entities. Over time, obtains a good business understanding of the segment's operations.
* Contributes to the maintenance of a strong internal control environment meeting SOX objectives.
Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
5 years experience in life insurance accounting with both GAAP and STAT accounting and reporting experience preferred
CNO Financial Group, Inc - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
CNO Financial Group, Inc., formerly Conseco, Inc., is the holding company for a group of insurance companies operating throughout the United...