Citizens Bank is searching for a high-performing individual capable of balancing multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment. This is a new position in the Controller’s Division on the U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting team, which is responsible for external reporting to investors.
The successful candidate will join our existing team of four, will report to our Accounting Group Manager, and will be responsible primarily for reviewing and analyzing the consolidated financial statements of RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the planning and preparation of the monthly Controller and quarterly Board packages;
- Participating in Citizens’ preparation for becoming an SEC registrant; the partial initial public offering on the NYSE is estimated for 2015;
- Researching accounting and SEC guidance for financial reporting and working with our Accounting Policy team to ensure we execute existing and new accounting guidance timely and accurately;
- Analyzing peer banks’ financial statements;
- Supporting Citizens’ process of continuous improvement by looking for ways to improve our efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Providing excellent service for our internal customers; and
- Researching and responding to both internal and external audit inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA or CPA candidate required;
- Expertise in U.S. GAAP required, with SEC expertise strongly preferred;
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting in the financial services industry;
- Expertise in Excel required; PowerPoint experience a plus;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in a team environment; and
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Citizens Bank is where you’ll have the support and training to make an impact and take your career wherever you want to go. Join us...