Job Title: |
Sr Government Relations Associate - PAC Manager
District of Columbia
The position will support the Government Relations and Public Policy team of federal lobbyists on a range of ongoing and ad hoc projects, including the company’s grassroots program, political fundraising, and management presentations.
1. Manage MetLife’s grassroots program projects, including:
2. Manage logistics for visits by MetLife Executive Group members and other senior executives to the DC office, including scheduling of meetings, preparing briefing materials for internal and external participants, and facilitating productive meetings by communicating MetLife positions and expectations to the government agencies involved.
- Preparing state-by-state reports of MetLife’s presence in congressional districts and states
- Working with MetLife coordinators and congressional staff to arrange Member of Congress site visits to MetLife offices
- Managing all employee grassroots campaigns, including coordinating the development and approval of messaging and timing, and working with the grassroots vendor to execute the campaign
3. Assist the federal lobbyists with the preparation of meeting briefs, presentations, and reports on federal legislative and regulatory issues for MetLife and external audiences; including research, drafting of power point presentations, memoranda, and internal newsletters.
4. Manage the Federal PAC, including organizing for internal PAC solicitation campaigns; internal and external PAC events; and driving the planning and coordination of MetLife-sponsored fundraisers in NYC and DC.
- A current key focus will be supporting the MetLife working group organized to advocate on systemic risk issues, through:
- Preparation of meeting agendas and materials
- Managing format, content, and access to SharePoint site established for the working group
- Basic research and tracking of systemic risk related developments
5. Create the federal page of the Government Relations' SharePoint site, and manage content on the site by reviewing and posting memos, reports, presentations and news on relevant Washington activities of interest to MetLife employees.
- Responsibilities for the internal PAC drive will include: drafting of solicitation communications; identifying and managing contributor benefits; coordinating with all relevant business areas; working with Legal to identify and implement any changes needed to comply with relevant regulations and laws.
- Responsibilities for internal and external PAC events will include: communicating with DC fundraisers and campaign officers on behalf of MetLife PAC; drafting all communications related to any MetLife internal-only fundraisers; maintaining all records related to external PAC events to be considered and/or supported by MetLife; managing the MetLife PAC budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Experience: 6-8+ years working in government relations, public policy, or in Congress
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects
- Advanced MS PowerPoint experience, creating presentations for executive audiences
- Lotus Notes/Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Don't accuse New England Life Insurance of a regional bias. The company, which operates as New England Financial, provides insurance and...