Job Title |
Sr HR Advisor
Windsor - CT
Head of HR Retirement Services
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Provides leadership and strategic consulting to business unit executives on HR issues. Responsible for implementation of all HR programs for a specific customer group and works with those business unit executives to determine HR implications of the business strategies.
1. Participate in the senior staff meetings as a strategic business partner to identify human resource implications (organizational design, employee selection and development, employee relations, executive and employee compensation, work & family issues, performance management, and diversity initiatives) relative to business strategies.
2.Participate with other HR Directors in the development of organization wide projects, including understanding their implications to the business and on the employees.
3. Oversee the development of programs and policies that support business objectives and are necessary and cost effective.
4.Select, train, evaluate, and motivate HR staff members. Establish objectives consistent to achieve business unit plans.
5.Manage or oversee the management of various HR projects for their customer groups including implementation, communication, training and evaluation of those projects.
6.Ensure the administration of on-going employee processes within the business unit (e.g. performance management, employee relations programs, compensation review, etc.) when required.
7.Deliver tools and techniques to enable managers to coach their staff and comply with HR policies and programs.
8.Other duties as assigned
Who is our ideal candidate?
-15+ years relevant experience
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Experience in all aspects of human resources
-Knowledge of current labor laws
-Outstanding supervisory skills
-Outstanding negotiating, motivating,influencing skills
What else can we tell you?
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 19 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...