Program: Manhattan Outreach Consortium
Supervisor: Team Supervisor
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Program Description: The Manhattan Outreach Consortium provides outreach and housing placement services to adults who are street homeless. The Special Initiatives team is a dynamic and innovative team that collaborates with various community partners throughout Manhattan to identify homeless individuals who may not be regularly encountered in the streets.
1) Housing Placement and Case Management
• Serve as case manager for homeless adults with a goal of transitional and permanent housing
• Perform intake assessment, service planning, advocacy, referral and escort services
• Maintain client case records and enter data in computer database
• Provide follow-up case management for clients placed in housing to promote retention
• Communicate with night and weekend staff and other agencies to coordinate client services
2) Specialized Services
• Maintain knowledge and skills in one or more specialized areas of client service, such as substance abuse or clinical care
• Assist staff with case management in this area and provide training as needed
3) Outreach services
• Participate in outreach trips to identify and engage homeless clients
• Drive outreach van
4) Manhattan Consortium team member
• Attend, staff meetings, case conferences training programs and supervision meetings; participate in program evaluation and improvement
• Participation in the annual HOPE count and mini counts of homeless individuals living on the street. Schedule shift to overnight hours at least three nights out of a year would be necessary for homeless counts.
Other duties as required
• Bachelors Degree, MSW degree preferred
• Prior clinical experience with homeless individuals suffering from mental illness
• Expertise in at least one aspect of services to the homeless
• Experience with housing facilities and placement services
• Valid NYS Drivers license
• Frequent walking and standing
• Occasional lifting
• Indoors and outdoors; all weathers
• Flexible schedule needed: evening, overnight and weekend hours
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Excellent benefits package
- 3 years ago - save job
Goddard Riverside Community Center provides services to 16,000 people annually from Manhattan's Upper West Side and Harlem communities....