1. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, related field or equivalent experience.
2 . Minimum of 5 years proven and progressive Human Resources experience, including a focus on recruitment and employee relations.
3. Experience in banking or financial services industry is preferred.
Overview: As a Sr. Human Resources Generalist, the incumbent will be responsible for performing a wide range of HR functions, with a specific emphasis on recruiting and employee relations, in support of strategic and organizational goals.
1. Establish and maintain solid working relationships with business management in order to provide proactive Human Resources support including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, performance management as well as management and employee counsel and consultation.
2. Support business strategy and objectives by developing and implementing effective and creative recruiting strategies in order to attract and retain high quality candidates for open positions.
3. Partner with business management to provide employee relations expertise ensuring compliance with company policies as well as state and federal employment law.
4. Conduct investigations and make recommendations as appropriate. Work with overall HR team to deliver high quality HR initiatives to businesses supported through participation on project teams and communication.
5. Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
1. Demonstrated success in developing creative and successful sourcing strategies for positions ranging from entry level to mid-management.
2. Proven ability to handle employee relations issues of varying levels of complexity related, but not limited to, all aspects of progressive discipline, pay practices, policy administration, AA/EEO, federal and state employment law, management practices and harassment.
3. Ability to understand business goals and needs to ensure effective HR solutions.
4. Ability to interface with all levels to coach and support employees and management through challenging situations.
A lot of water and a few barrels have gone over Niagara Falls since First Niagara Bank was founded. Tracing its roots to 1870, the flagship...