Job Title Sr IT Quality Analyst
Windsor - CT
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
1. Leads other QA Analysts to evaluate and test software programs and software development procedures used to validate that programs function according to business requirements and conform to establishment guidelines.
2. Collaborates, oversees, reviews, writes, revises, and validates quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
3. Defines methods to eliminate or mitigate software risks and ensure compliancy with security and risk requirements.
4. Evaluates change requests, considering increased value versus technical considerations and overall risk; assists in managing defect tracking and resolution.
5. Develops performance measures, test plans, testing methodology, and product release criteria based on business, compliance, risk and technical requirements.
6. Develops, defines, and implements testing strategies and processes corresponding to the needs of the system (including environment(s)) or project.
7. Utilizes metrics to evaluate and provide information on system readiness, defect tracking, and other measurements as appropriate.
8. Provides documentation, diagrams, flow charts and any other materials needed to determine and show program will perform according to user request, conform to guidelines, demonstrate metrics and other presentations as needed.
9. Recommends program and environment improvements or corrections to technical and business IT staff.
10. Actively looks for and implements quality and testing efficiencies to improve the overall system delivery.
11. Champions use of standard and automated testing and Quality Assurance tools.
12. Provide and manage costing estimates and forecasts
Who is our ideal candidate?
What else can we tell you?
- 5+ years of testing and Quality Assurance experience, including writing detailed test cases, test plans and strategies.
- Prior experience with sybase and udb
- Demonstrated experience with Quality Center, Clearquest or other automated testing tools using SQL, both as a user and administrator.
- Prior seniority and/or leadership experience and the ability to work both independently or on a team.
- Able to work in a highly visible, fast paced, changing environment.
- Very familiar with the system development life cycle.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask in high paced, pressured, goal oriented and collaborative environment.
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industry.
- Experience with Trading, Pricing, Fund Performance, and Accounting is a plus
- Experience working with Offshore resources
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience as a QA Primary
- Experience with quality center, clearquest tool, and clarity
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...