The Senior Intelligence Analyst produces proactive and predictive analysis of potential money laundering and terrorist financing threats.
Utilize subject matter expertise, cultural and historical knowledge and analytical tools to combat ML/TF threats by working with a multitude of functional areas and geographically diverse business units.
Assess and communicate real-time analytic judgments regarding specific threats and intelligence gaps.
Discover potential threats by leveraging various data sets, analyzing intelligence and developing fact-based conclusions and intelligence outputs.
Conduct studies to identify threats and trends.
Perform broad and targeted analysis to articulate the existence of a threat.
Bridge cross-functional teams by identifying intelligence collection opportunities and gaps, and helping to assure timely and accurate reporting of intelligence.
Enhance data and intelligence collection and analytical capabilities.
Work closely with technical teams to enhance data available for analysis.
Provide input to technical teams to improve HSBC North America’s ability to detect illicit activity through automated monitoring systems.
Impact on the Business/Function
The provision of timely and reliable intelligence on potential AML risks to improve risk management decisions across HSBC North America
The provision of persuasive and pragmatic advice on risk management measures to senior executives and other stakeholders in intelligence functions
Provide high quality and accurate AML risk reports across HSBC North America
Engage in a constructive dialogue with stakeholders to drive appropriate business action and risk reduction
Customers / Stakeholders
Manage a diverse set of stakeholders in order to achieve the overarching objectives, including:
Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
Technology team responsible for enhancing the system
GMO Security and Intelligence teams
Regional Local Compliance Officers
Leadership & Teamwork
Work effectively as part of a small, but dynamic team including taking on unfamiliar/difficult tasks when necessary and providing guidance and support to others
Taking the lead when necessary to ensure that service levels are at a minimum maintained and ideally exceeded
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Adherence to operational controls, as outlined in procedures and polices to ensure risks are identified and managed
Contribution to processes for building management information (MI)
- Minimum of six years proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis, management reporting; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, economics, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. Previous banking experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills, including root cause analysis, Six Sigma or related experience
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and creative thinking skills
- Strong data skills, including working with multiple data sets, pivot tables, advanced statistical functions, methods and software
- Understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
Legal & Compliance
North America-United States-New York-New York
HSBC - 16 months ago
HSBC Bank Canada is a banking and financial services company. It has three segments: Personal Financial Services, Commercial Banking and...