Job ID #: 22080
Company : Expedia North America
Location : USA - CA - San Francisco
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Not Indicated
Experience Required : Not Indicated
Relocation Provided : Yes
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Mobile is revolutionizing travel. We’re defining how.
We’re looking for passionate designers who understand and love the human condition—and have a relentless desire to empower through design. Travel is a major part of our experience today, but we’re stuck using tools from decades ago. We want you to help change all of that: from how we dream of faraway lands to how we plan, book, experience, and share those trips. We work in a challenging space, but have the best of two worlds: a small, independent team of passionate employees, inside one of the world’s largest travel organizations. We’re not afraid to take on bold challenges, explore emerging platforms, and define new experiences. Our apps have been downloaded millions of times and are among the most downloaded apps ever. We think it’s because we’re passionate about creating the most beautiful and useful mobile experiences in the world.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a beautiful and respected design aesthetic.
- Is ready to grow their design skills with a world-class team.
- Knows the details aren’t the details—they’re the product.
- Secretly loves that some of the best interactions are ones nobody notices.
- Shares strong opinions about what makes good design great.
- Is passionate about mobile platforms and how they will fundamentally change how we travel.
- An excellent grasp of typography, color, rhythm, alignment, balance, texture, and layout.
- A beautiful portfolio of design work. Please submit portfolio with application.
- Ability to effectively communicate design visions through sketches and wireframes to mockups and prototypes.
- You love (and hate?) Adobe CS.
- We don’t have lofty requirements around years of experience—all you need is a portfolio with some gorgeous and intuitive apps, plus an excitement for creating the best travel experiences in the world.
About Expedia, Inc.
- Incredible travel discounts
- We believe in flexible work schedules
- The latest gadgets of your choice so you stay on the leading edge
- Your work will be adored by millions of users
- Pet insurance
- A competitive salary and relocation plans for those who have not yet discovered the beauty of San Francisco
- Many more…
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...