Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 42,400 kiosks across over 34,600 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com Information about Coinstar can be found at www.coinstar.com .
The Redbox Instant by Verizon brings together two innovative companies known for creating brands that customers trust and products consumers want. With immediate DVD and Blu-ray rental through Redbox and instant broadband content from Verizon, we’ll be uniquely positioned to deliver the best of both worlds – physical and digital – to all consumers nationwide. We’ll make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the entertainment they want to see, using any providers’ mobile or home broadband service – anytime, anywhere.
Working at Redbox Instant by Verizon means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more “wow”. You’ll do this with the aid of world-class technologies and services at your disposal. By creating new choices for our customers, you’ll take entertainment to a new level.
Sr Interactive Designer - CE
Redbox Instant by Verizon is looking for a Sr. Interactive Designer who will perform the day to day design work for the 10-foot UI on CE devices such as Smart TVs, Connected Blu-ray Players and game consoles and second screen interactive experiences on Mobile and Tablet. This position interfaces with Technology and Product Management to deliver required assets and specifications under the supervision of the Manager, Interactive Design. This position is a senior-level visual and interaction designer and contributes to or creates the user experience and style guide for the assigned platforms.
- Creates detailed wireframe flows and visual design comps as visual requirements package based on written product requirements, Technology inputs, Marketing inputs, creative strategy and UX blueprint from Lead Information Architect
- Delivers production assets and visual specifications to Technology for development of client applications
- Aids in the production of and/or creates prototypes for usability testing or demonstrations of the service
- Validates coded product for adherence to documented design specifications
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to clearly communicate and otherwise present detailed wireframe flows, interaction design and reasoning behind visual design decisions.
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and work proactively to uncover opportunities and pitfalls with all streams of input
- Must be patient and gracious when accepting feedback; must be able to enthusiastically adapt to frequent changes in direction.
- Integrity is a priority and trusted for valuable unbiased input
- Is highly influential as a result of all of the above and by backing up all suggestions insight and/or data.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience; degree preferably in Graphic or Communications Design.
- 5-7 years of related experience that includes visual and interaction design (device UI), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and Word and PowerPoint and/or Pages and Keynote
- 2-4 years of Visio and/or Omnigraffle, experience observing usability testing on his/her design work and project planning and management
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...