Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and video-game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2.5 billion discs and is available at approximately 43,000 kiosks across 35,500 locations nationwide, including leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, and select Walgreens, Walmart and McDonald’s locations in some markets. For more information, visit redbox.com .
Sr Interactive Designer
Do you have mobile app & touchscreen experience? Are you detailed and deadline-oriented with a solid understanding of standards and best practices across platforms and devices? The Redbox User Experience and Design group needs you! Reporting to the Director of User Experience & Design, you’ll collaborate with UXAs, Usability & Research experts, and Interface Developers to create user-centric interface design solutions for Redbox Kiosk, Mobile, & Tablet product development teams.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Create high quality interface design & produce assets and specifications for development.
- Maintain visual design standards, such as: visual interface design systems and elements, new on-screen layouts, typography, photography/imagery, buttons, promotions, rich-media (Video/Flash), design templates and other graphical needs.
- Leverage solid understanding of devices, OS, and contexts to create designs that meet device-specific UI patterns and technical limitations of each device & product.
- Align creative design solutions with requirements and wireframes, meeting both user and business objectives.
- Ensure brand consistency across products (kiosk, web, mobile, digital).
- Define, document, and maintain systematic user interface style guides, consisting of UI standards, states, interactions, and guidelines/rules for when and where to use.
- Contribute innovative product UI solutions that leverage the latest in industry trends as they relate to HCI, user experience, and/or other related media.
- Present designs to team members & stakeholders, sell concepts and solidify design decisions.
- Produce device & platform-specific Style Guides containing typography, UI elements, layouts, naming conventions, page dimensions, etc.
- Provide creative oversight for development teams and 3 rd party vendors.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Work with cross-medium designs and production (kiosk, web, digital, mobile).
- Leverage competitive analysis, user research, usability outcomes, and analytics (Omniture) in interface design solutions.
- Translate Information Architecture and Wireframe deliverables into final design concepts.
- Negotiate deadlines and priorities to set expectations. Communicate status regularly, maintain stakeholder satisfaction, and deliver projects on time and on schedule.
Education and Experience:
- Able to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives in response to quickly to changing business needs/timelines.
- Manages stakeholder expectations effectively.
- Possesses strong graphic design experience and skills in HCI across channels.
- Demonstrates proven knowledge of user-centric design and usability standards.
- Has collaborated with teams of Information Architects and/or Usability experts.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- 7+ yrs. experience in IA/UX design for multiple interactive mediums.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite: specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in Graphic, Communications, or HCI Design
Redbox - 16 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...