We’re looking for experienced brave developers who can tackle the challenges of building large-scale, high performance and functional systems. This position requires the ability to architect applications in Java from the ground up, as well as develop applications on our own platform.
- Design, build and implement our next generation systems capable of processing and moving vast amounts of data in an efficient, robust, and scalable fashion
- Collaborate with team members to develop elegant solution to complex problems
- Constantly monitor performance to proactively identify areas for improvement
- A BS degree in computer science/engineering with 5+ years experience developing server-side applications
- Experience building large-scale data processing applications in Java
- Experience working with and writing high performance code optimized for SQL databases
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing and/or integrating with RESTful and OAuth-based APIs, especially in the social networking space, using technologies including Apache Jersey (JAX-RS), Jackson, Maven, Hibernate, and Spring.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Cloudfront, and with the architecture of applications deployed in a cloud environment.
- Hands-on experience working with NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
- Specific experience building applications that record, analyze, transcode, and/or deliver video at scale.
- Experience building text search applications at scale with commonly used libraries and tools (e.g. Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch).
- An understanding of how to architect and build ‘Big Data’ applications based on commonly used tools and frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Pig, Hive, etc.).
Why work at Tout?
- You want to join a group of engineers that inspire and push you to make bold creative tech choices
- You’re not a ‘ninja’, ‘rockstar’, or ‘guru’; you’re just a talented engineer that wants to work with people who are smarter than you in one way or another
- Most of all, our culture values our engineers and the progress they make daily
Tout - 2 years ago