Auto req ID 9050BR
Position Title Sr Key Account Manager
Job Description Making Life Even Better.
Life Technologies Corporation (LIFE) is a global biotechnology tools company dedicated to improving the human condition. The company was created from the merger of Invitrogen Corporation and Applied Biosystems in November of 2008.
Life Technologies customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. LIFE’s systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that make life even better.
With annual sales in excess of $3 billion, LIFE employs approximately 9,000 people in more than 100 countries and possesses a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of approximately 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses.
Life Technologies is a publicly traded company trading on the NASDAQ under the symbol LIFE. For more information on how we are making a difference please visit Life Technologies on the web
Sr Key Acount Manager
Position Objective: Identify, evaluate and execute opportunities to out-license and supply products, on an OEM basis, to other companies for their use in their products and services.
Nature and Scope
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the Company’s products to other companies to be used by them on an OEM basis and/or license Company’s intellectual property to third parties.
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g R&D, in-licensing, production, procurement, marketing, quality, regulatory affairs) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manager and occasionally executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include legal, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc. This position will be located at the company’s Benicia, CA, site to facilitate communication and teamwork with the Project Management team and other functions in the assigned platform teams (e.g. R&D, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing).
- Develop pricing proposals for large, complex, often multi-year deals and contracts. Make highly informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop pricing proposals for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable. Negotiate other terms and conditions.
- Understand and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients and possibly the company’s in-licensing team.
- Coordinates technical support to determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
Participates with other team members to develop business plans and objectives across the product and IP portfolios of the company.
Receives supervision for more complicated assignments from field leader. Will often be with manager and colleagues in team selling situations.
Erroneous decisions can have a considerable impact on the overall success of current and/or future company operations, both within the incumbent’s portfolio of products and IP, but also more broadly across the company, due to the strategic nature of many of the company’s capabilities to a relatively small number but important clients.
Ability to effectively negotiate with and influence potential clients, partners, vendors, and internal staff required. The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace required. Proven relationship building skills required.
Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required. Ability to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside the company, including senior management required.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
Revenue growth. New deal generation. Customer feedback from multiple levels and functions about incumbent’s effectiveness. Feedback from colleagues across functions on project leadership effectiveness.
Knows the fundamental concepts of intellectual property, patents and contract law. Advanced knowledge of molecular biology and, specifically, of Company products.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in any life science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including lead development, negotiation of supply agreements, sales funnel management, product development/commercialization and competitive market research. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required.
Will work out of a home or company office. Frequent travel required (up to 40%) to customers and to meetings with colleagues at company sites in California, Texas, and Norway.
Life Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Life Technologies - 13 months ago
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers ar...