Major Duties and Responsibilities:|
Records management accountability within the Legal enterprise:
ACE is currently seeking a sophisticated and experienced senior paralegal that, among other skills, has experience in information management and library science. Based in our Philadelphia office, the Senior Legal Assistant will be responsible for providing legal support on a wide variety of matters including:
Education & Experience:
- Provide support to the Records Retention Counsel, maintain the records retention schedule/policy and assist others within the organization with respect to records retention inquiries;
- Oversee and monitor the Records mailbox; develop responses to inquiries;
- Work with internal audit to develop and maintain a process to validate compliance with the records management policy;
- Provide records retention training across the ACE organization, as needed, and work with Regulatory Compliance when new legislation or statues may impact retention requirements;
- Work with the IT organization with respect to the maintenance of electronic records and provide guidance to ACE employees on the most efficient method of storing electronic records; and
- Provide general paralegal support for attorneys within the North America Office of General Counsel such as: legal research; responses to regulatory inquiries/investigations; assistance with general insurance regulatory and corporate research projects; assistance with certificate of authority filings with state departments of insurance; and review/analysis of documents/contracts.
Candidate must have at least 3-5 years of relevant paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department and have excellent academic credentials and paralegal certifications. The ideal candidate will also have a background in document/or information management. This is a “hands on” position and the ideal candidate will need to be able to quickly come up to speed to handle the tasks at hand.
We are looking for an individual with ability to address current and emerging records retention management needs in a fast pace environment. This requires strong follow-up and organizational skills along with a will to meet or exceed expectations; strong work ethic and personal accountability. An attention to detail is a requirement of the position. The ideal candidate also will have strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation) as well as creative problem solving abilities. Multi-tasking, proactive management and organizational skills are essential. Looking for a high –achiever, self-motivated, and team oriented individual, willing to go above and beyond to achieve results.
Ace Group - 19 months ago
Project Management Institute Inc
Newtown Square, PA
- 8 days ago
Hersha Hospitality Management
- 7 hours ago
CONSOLE & HOLLAWELL, PC
- 1 day ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...