Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading customers in their transformation to become social enterprises . Social enterprises are able to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services give customers the tools to create a true social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate. With more than 9,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.5B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We're also one of the "Best Places to Work" (FORTUNE). If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
The Systems Engineer will be a member of a global Operations Engineering team responsible for supporting all operations facets of the Salesforce.com service on 24x7x365 basis. The efficient and stable operation of our infrastructure is crucial in maintaining the high availability and performance of our on-demand CRM, SaaS and PaaS solution, and the System Engineer will be the cornerstone of our continued efforts in the direction of high availability and performance as we expand our team in a follow-the-sun operations implementation. This role will be part of a strategic team responsible for building and deploying data center PODs, as well as capacity adds/refreshes, in a 24x7x365 environment. Key to this position will be a focus on process automation in a secure, high-performance, highly available (99.999%), and fully resilient infrastructure across multiple data centers.
Successful candidates will be recognized as technical experts in the Systems Engineering discipline and will have the ability to articulate and demonstrate both deep and broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology in support of a SaaS/PaaS infrastructure. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic technologists who thrive on efficiency by contributing to the development of standards, processes, and automation requirements that lead to operational excellence.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with process automation as it applies to the provisioning of resources within their Information Technology discipline. Examples of tools in this category include CFEngine, Puppet, IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager, and Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager, although custom automation and provisioning processes implemented via scripting languages, templates, and/or parameter tokenization would also be applicable.
- Must be able to develop requirements for the tool-sets required to streamline and automate system installation and configuration procedures.
- May be required to define requirements for, and/or write/test custom tools to handle system automation tasks (installation, configuration, monitoring, etc)
Work directly with the TechOps teams in designing, building and deploying highly available, robust, resilient, secure and supportable 24x7x365 solutions (POD Builds/Splits/Capacity Adds/Refreshes).
Back-up and restore management: use back-up and recovery best practices to ensure systems are protected from data loss in compliance with established business continuity and DR practices.
Define, develop and deploy system monitoring requirements/thresholds as well as corrective actions.
Adhere to system hardening guidelines and security best practices in support of ISO 27001/PCI/SOx.
Document all operational processe and procedures to optimize support and management of deployed systems.
Assist internal Salesforce.com Technology teams in performing Production Operations tasks including systems monitoring, performing diagnostics, problem isolation and solution deployment by providing expert-level operational support (training and on-call support).
Represent Operations team and contribute towards new and on-going Technology projects in areas of Scalability, Performance and High Availability.
• Builds and maintains availability and performance of multiple critical VMware and Linux environments
• Ability to configure and manage virtual switches in the VMware environment
• Supports, configures, and automates the deployment of Solaris, Linux and VMware infrastructure through existing Kickstart/Jumpstart infrastructure
• Establishes and recommends policies on system maintenance, use, performance, services and automation
• Troubleshoots internal and external applications, hardware problems and operating system issues
• BS/BA Degree
• 5+ years of experience in Linux or Solaris-based Systems Engineering for high-volume, high-availability transactional environments with 24x7x365 uptime requirements
• Must be fluent in installation and configuration of clustered Linux/UNIX environments.
• Proven ability to conduct detailed performance analysis tasks in Linux/UNIX
• Experience in automated Kickstart/jumpstart deployments
• Is familiar with set-up and configuration of log aggregation utilities, such as syslog-ng.
• Understands fundamentals of networking, including the OSI model, network segmentation best practices, routing, and common protocols and concepts.
• Working knowledge of most of the following protocols is expected: IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RTP, DNS, NFS, NIS/NIS+, and SMTP.
• Experience working in large, load-balanced environments including managed switches, firewalls, and F5 Load-balancers.
• Experience with enterprise monitoring systems is highly desired (e.g. Nagios, EMC Smarts).
• Strong scripting skills in any UNIX shell, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby with the ability to provide requirements for task automation, resource monitoring and performance monitoring.
• Knowledge of Java-based enterprise web applications and Technologies on UNIX is highly valued.
• Knowledge of enterprise Highly Available RDBMS database system architectures (Oracle).
• Extensive troubleshooting and performance monitoring skills.
• Hands-on experience with production hardware life-cycle management.
• Knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS).
• Working knowledge of system hardening best practices and methods and access control methodologies.
• Prior experience working within a regulatory compliance framework.
• A demonstrated passion for excellence.
• Knowledge of Agile Development or Scrum Project Management methodologies.
• RHCE certification or Sun Certified System Administrator highly preferred.
• Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development.
• Knowledge of ITIL Industry practices.
Must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. Agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government.
Salesforce - 19 months ago