The Senior Manager/Associate Director Market Planning must have the ability to break down complex business problems, analyze information to find solutions and guide the thinking of the organization towards viable solutions. To be successful, this individual must be able to work with multiple functional groups, be a strong collaborator with internal and external groups and be able to leverage customer insights to build strong brands. Proven analytical skills, written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through are all important aspects for this position.
• Manage primary and secondary market research projects for products or therapeutic areas within the organization.
• Manages the implementation of brand strategy, brand messaging, issues management, competitive intelligence, competitive positioning, marketing mix evaluation, metrics tracking and segmentation.
• Analyzes data and makes strategic recommendations.
• Collaborates with others on primary and secondary market research projects.
• Manages third-party vendors.
• Provides marketing insight and direction to optimize product commercialization.
• Participates in project risk analysis, and develops solutions to a variety of complex problems, including modeling and forecasting.
• Participates with other Dendreon departments during planning and process improvement activities to ensure timely completion of all operational areas objectives and milestones.
• Bachelor’s degree in scientific or business. Ideally prefer a science and business background with an MBA .
• Typically 6-8 years of relevant experience in market research either within the pharma/biotech industry or a market research firm working with pharma//biotech clients, including at least 3 years in oncology or other specialty areas
• Experience in planning, executing and presenting primary and secondary market research studies.
• Knowledge and understanding of regulations for our industry including FDA and PhRMA guidelines.
• Experience with department budget planning, management and reconciliation.
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem-solving abilities.
• Experience in developing and making formal presentations to senior management.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
• Requires approximately 15% travel.
Dendreon - 2 years ago