Sr. Manager, Subcontracts
will report directly to the
and will provide leadership to a team of subcontract administrators in the development, negotiation, and execution for complex subcontracts and other supplier agreements in support of program business requirements. Ensure subcontract procedural requirements and business objectives are met in the issuance of subcontracts and throughout the subcontract life cycle. Interface and collaborate with program business areas and other functional disciplines to manage subcontract requirements and associated risks at all phases.
This critical business role will:
Provide strategic supply chain leadership in all aspects of subcontract management.
Provide creative leadership in the timely and compliant resolution of business issues (i.e. material deliveries, supplier quality, supplier risk management, etc.)
Develop and execute strategies to ensure procedural and execution compliance to the FAR and DFARS and subsequent Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) approval resulting from Contractor Purchasing System reviews and Materials Management and Accounting System reviews.
Leverage exceptional cost /price analysis and negotiation skills to provide best value material solutions.
Assure world-class staffing and talent development to exceed the strategic and tactical goals of the business.
Leverage common best -practice processes to achieve improved supply chain planning performance visibility and efficiencies.
Develop and execute supply chain strategies focused on protecting the long term viability of product production and integrity to achieve superior contract execution performance.
Develop and execute supply chain strategies focused on new product development and strategic source identification that satisfy the near term demands of development programs and concurrently align with the long term vision of transitioning this supply base to a full rate production environment.
Manage inventory levels, material flow, and logistics among suppliers, plants and customers to achieve targeted delivery lead times while minimizing working capital investment.
Provide leadership to realize continuous improvement of supply chain processes with an emphasis on the application of Lean - Six Sigma methodologies.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR., ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or a closely related discipline in required. MBA desirable.
- Minimum of ten years experience in Supply Chain Management in product development and manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing within Department of Defense environment and interacting with DCAA and DCMA and ensuring compliance with defense procurement supply chain requirements.
- Experience preparing for and successfully executing of Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR).
- Experience preparing for and successfully executing of Material Management Accounting System (MMAS) Reviews.
- Demonstrated application of Lean - Six Sigma methodologies to improving complex supply chains.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
- CPIM Certified is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Developing presentations, and delivering messages to all levels in the business.
- Excellent partnering and team building skills.
- Bias for action, while maintaining true to the strategic vision.
- Successful track record of people development.
- Travel up to 25%.
Textron Defense Systems
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Nov 27, 2012, 2:46:35 PM
Officers, corporate and military, really take to Textron: The company's E-Z-GO golf carts enrich their golfing jaunts, while its...