Under the direction and guidance of a Value Stream Leader or Value Stream Manager, the Senior Manager Market Development is responsible for achieving product vitality and profitable growth objectives for assigned Value Stream. Works with multi-disciplinary team including marketing, engineering, quality, technical and product support, sourcing to achieve P&L objectives. Must be able to build effective relationships to influence others internally and externally. To be successful in the role, the key deliverables will be achieved through: 1) Understanding and engaging in the technical and commercial drivers of the product(s). This includes providing the SSMs, CSMs, RUSMs, Holophane Sales representatives, C&I Agencies, and Distributor Partners with all required tools and training to beat the competition. 2) Developing and leading sales documentation tools and processes to engage across channels. This would include identifying and “marketing” installations of product, as “experiencing” the product is a key to success with these channels 3) Aligning pricing, quotation, and bid processes and packages to support revenue and profit objectives 4) Use of ABS tools to achieve breakthrough results in assigned products. Above all, the goal of this position is to increase sales in the near and medium term.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
· Formulating strategies, standard verbiage formats for RFI/RFQ/RFP responses, and compiling final bid packages for ROAM products.
· Assist in the pursuit of new product sales through proactive research of commercial and industrial, municipal, utility, and corporate accounts; available for on-site technical/applications support of new business
· Assist in new product promotion through customer visits, supporting shows/seminars/webinars, site visits to create case study content & images, contest submissions, and other general promotion
· Identify and “market” ROAM product installations so the sales and end users can experience the product in every major market.
· Provide product, policy, promotion and business system training for our sales representatives, agents and distributor partners. This is achieved through on-going training and communication with internal functions as well as direct field contact with internal sales as well as agency and distributor personnel.
· Develop open lines of communication with multiple sales channels. Understand how the ROAM value proposition aligns with customer business models so that the position can add value during sales calls.
· Increase registrations and usage of ROAM online tools. Educate our agents’ sales representatives, agencies and distributor partners on the capabilities and values of these tools to increase sales.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, business administration; MBA a plus
- 3 plus years of progressively responsible related sales and/or marketing experience. Demonstrated experience should include building effective relationships outside of own function and active involvement in continuous improvement.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Must have ability to synthesize data and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Strong communication and process skills required
- Bias for action and demonstrated achievement of results. Must be comfortable with working until the job is completed and available to travel up to 50% of the time.
Ability to present ROAM products to sales teams and customers
- Familiarities with all documentation required for RFPs
- Able to creatively generate effective presentations for outdoor controls
- Understanding of the processes of the sales channels and end users to ensure our products are easy to specify
- Ability to motivate the sales channels to pursue identified opportunities
Acuity Brands Lighting - 17 months ago
And a booming voice cried out, "Let there be light," and Acuity Brands replied, "Okay, sure." Acuity Brands, through...