This position provides discipline leadership to the reliability engineering function across Peabody Energy. The position will identify, implement and maintain a standard approach to reliability improvement across the platform that is consistent with the Peabody maintenance philosophy using analytical approaches such as RCA and RCM, and practical approaches such as condition monitoring and hydrocarbon cleanliness. The position will provide access to subject matter experts for key mining equipment and will work directly with original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) to identify and implement reliability improvements.
- Develop, implement and maintain corporate standards for Lifecycle Modeling, Defect Elimination, Tactics Development, Hydrocarbon Management and Condition Monitoring.
- Liaise with Regional Asset Management Directors to identify and resource maintenance and reliability improvement programs.
- Collaborate with other corporate functions (Applied Technology, Engineering, Projects) to ensure alignment around the reliability engineering function.
- Work with IT and regional asset management teams to identify appropriate tools and systems for managing reliability programs including tools for reliability modeling, root cause analysis, PM development and optimization, condition monitoring and delay accounting.
- Support development and delivery of training for reliability tools and practices.
- Recommend equipment replacement cycles and provide recommendations and analysis to support life cycle decision making at the mine sites.
- Analyze and monitor equipment performance across the major equipment classes to identify benchmarks, best practices and areas of improvement.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management in relation to maintenance improvement from a business process and systems perspective.
- 15-20 years maintenance experience in maintenance and reliability engineering in capital intensive industries in leadership roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university in engineering.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Business Management degree is desirable.
- Prior experience in mining is highly desirable.
- A demonstrated track record in defining and leading reliability improvement programs to successful results.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leadership.
- Knowledge in reliability practices such as root cause analysis, reliability centered maintenance and PM optimization, reliability modeling, life cycle costing.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications (SAP, Excel, Microsoft Office, PPT, Reliability tools such as Availability Workbench and Ivara).
- Experience or certification in Total Performance Excellence (TPE) type programs is preferred (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).
Peabody Energy - 6 months ago
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...