Fox Filmed Entertainment News Corporation's motion picture and television programming operations bring the best in comedy and drama to audiences around the globe. Fox Filmed Entertainment is a global leader in movie production and distribution. Twentieth Century Fox Film is responsible for some of the top grossing movies of all time, including history's most successful movies, Avatar and Titanic.
In television production, Twentieth Century Fox Television, together with the Company's other TV studios, produce and distribute some of the world's most popular television programming. The Company's TV studios are leaders in animated series and supply many of the most popular series to each of the major U.S. networks. Visit us at http://www.foxmovies.com/.
Job Title: Enterprise Messaging Manager
Department: IT Enterprise Infrastruct Services
The Enterprise Messaging Manager will provide overall management, direction, and engineering expertise for the FOX Messaging Services Team. This position will oversee FOX's Global Messaging environment which consists of multiple Exchange 2010 sites, SPAM and AV gateways (Mail Marshal, Forefront for Exchange, FOPE), Electronic Faxing (RightFax), mobile collaboration services (Blackberry and ActiveSync), and real-time communications (Lync 2010). Candidate should be well versed in supporting and complementary technologies such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, Monitoring systems (SCOM), reporting systems (Messagestats), Disk-based backup systems, and storage solutions. Candidate will be well-rounded and versed in all aspects of core Infrastructure and best practices.
This position will oversee a team of engineers and admins at multiple locations. The candidate will be responsible for project ownership, annual budgeting, policy design, governance, personnel management, and other managerial duties as assigned.
In this position, the messaging manager will provide 24/7 on call escalation support and overall situation management for Messaging Services related issues. This position is also responsible for additional duties as assigned.
1. Messaging Services Design and Architecture
- Works closely with the engineering team, operations team, vendors, and overall FOX Infrastructure Architects in designing and managing the FOX Messaging Services Environment.
- Oversees daily operational support activities for the FOX Messaging Environment.
- Logs, tracks and prioritizes messaging issues and project work.
- Manages resolution of issues by coordinating appropriate resources to ensure timely resolution.
- Works closely with vendors to provide support for messaging related issues.
- Serves as a third tier escalation point for technical issues and concerns.
- Reviews business unit requests for technology and works with the management team to determine recommendations and/or alternative system options.
- Manages staff assignments and deliverables ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables.
- Participates in development of operational plans.
- Executes specific components of operational plans as they pertain to the ongoing support of the messaging environment.
- Provides design input to initiation and analysis activities including Project Charter development, Cost Benefit Analysis, Request for Information and Request for Proposals.
- Manages small projects as assigned, including timeline, scope, resources, risk, quality and customer expectations.
- Ensures all IT standards and best practices are followed.
- Works closely with core IT functions (i.e. architecture, applications, and security) and managers of related initiatives to ensure proper integration.
4. Relationship Management
- Participates in discussions regarding current and anticipated service requirements and alternative approaches.
- Works closely with Information Protection to establish and audit system and directory service security.
- Works closely with database administrators, application developers and administrators to provide a secure application environment.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Plans and evaluates work of technical and other support staff.
- Audits and approves staff work reflected on invoices and timecards.
- Administers performance appraisals, training, vacation schedules and requests, time tracking and payroll reporting, MBOs, etc.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Disseminates and enforces standards for information technology in business units.
- Mentors System Administrators and System Engineers in technology and professional development.
6. Departmental Responsibilities
- 24X7 escalation tier for on-call production support.
- Serves as a point of contact for network issues within IT.
7. Other Duties As Required
News Corporation - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -