Senior MRO (Team Leader)
The Senior Member Relationship Officer will ensure the member’s needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services that fulfills the member’s immediate and future financial needs. The Senior Member Relationship Officer will generate leads, build new and maintain existing member relationships, resulting in outcomes that define great member experience. The Senior Member Relationship Officer is responsible to supervisor, motivate, and develop all CFC employees in conjunction with the manager to achieve the credit union’s philosophy, strategic plan, and goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under the direction of the Community Financial Center Manager, the Senior MRO has the responsibility to perform the following essential functions:
- Lead the entire team to perform in the absence of the CFC Manager.
- Perform as the primary lead on the platform; to coach, manage and motivate the MRO's to exceed sales goals and production targets.
- Identify, recommend, and sell appropriate GTE Financial products and services in order to build a full financial relationship in accordance with the business strategy.
- Schedule time on the sales floor leading from the lobby, by greeting members, directing them to the appropriate areas of the Community Financial Center and ensuring that the member’s needs are met.
- Work with team to develop an acquisition strategy for new memberships and retention strategy for existing member accounts.
- Process member financial transactions; originate, process, and close all loans.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in loan origination by providing clear and detailed recommendations.
- Responsible for managing the performance expectations of the MRA Supervisor and MRA's.
- Aid the Manager with the staffing schedule for the MRA Supervisor and MRA's and assist the Community Financial Center Manager with MRA recruiting and performance management activities.
- Work with the MRA Supervisors and MRA's to promote and establish a quality sales culture (referral generation) to encourage cross-sells to meet member needs.
- Promote appropriate products and services to meet or exceed production goals.
- Coach MRA's to look for alternative delivery channels to reduce wait times and improve member’s experience.
- Gather information, analyze facts and educate member on appropriate products/services to meet needs to resolve issues.
- Proactively identify fraudulent activity to prevent potential loss and coach teammates to do the same.
- Stay current with lending guidelines and procedures while actively underwriting loans within authority limits.
- Work with other lines of business partners to promote organizational strategies.
- Work in conjunction with the respective Community Development Officers to develop and grow our community partners.
- Observe Credit Union guidelines, policies, and procedures in order to adhere to compliance regulations, and security standards.
- Ensure the audit/compliance procedures of the Community Financial Center are followed, while maintaining the highest level of service to our member’s.
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
- Ensure the completion of regulatory compliance and training specific to sales and service responsibilities for staff.
- Serve as a team leader in the Community Financial Center by supporting and assisting team members in order to provide quality member service at all times.
- Monitor and track Community Financial Center service quality levels using available dashboard reports (Net Promoter Score).
- Exhibit a desire for continuous education to ensure personal growth and achievement to better serve our members.
- Supervise and coach teams on the proper behaviors, sales techniques, service expectations and compliance guidelines, while modeling the same.
- Set example of professional behavior in keeping with credit union value statement.
- Serve as a resource and point of contact when handling escalated issues reported by the team or members.
- Track and report weekly production outcomes on all products, services, and referral categories.
- Participate in meetings, conference calls and events in absence of the Community Financial Center Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proven ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
2. Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of Credit Union personnel, industry peers, and members.
3. Proven ability to gather, interpret, and solve complex problems.
4. Ability to make decisions, take action, and accepts responsibility for results.
5. Must be able to handle complicated procedures while demonstrating good judgment and the ability to set priorities, evaluate results, and coordinate with others.
6. Basic understanding of computer operations and programs. Demonstrated proficiency with computer keyboard.
1. Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Associate''s degree obtained through a formal 2 year program at an accredited educational facility. Education may be waived with related experience.
- 2-3 years previous experience in financial institution or related field.
- 1-3 years supervisory or management experience.
- Knowledge of lending practices regarding interpretation of credit bureau reports, underwriting criteria, and basic lending philosophy.
GTE Federal Credit Union makes available self-service brokerage services through CUNA Brokerage Services. CUNA Brokerage Services offers...