The Sr. Member of Technical Staff develops solutions to complex business and technical problems or issues of complex scope using advanced engineering and scientific principles. · Solid understanding of a Unix based operating system: paging/swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device driver fundamentals, file system concepts like inode and superblock. Can perform system analysis and tuning. · Solid understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environments and concepts. Can configure NFS and NIS, use nslookup or research to check information in the DNS, setup and manage VPNs, etc. Understands the principles of routing and client/server programming.
- Ability to write detailed scripts in at least one, preferably two administrative languages, (shell scripts, Perl, Tk, etc.) and write small C or JAVA programs.
- Ability to perform at least minimal debugging and modification of existing scripts, configuration files, etc.
- Ability to perform most security audits, and protect the system against intrusion.
- Understanding of SQL and ability to write complex queries.
- Manages backups of file systems.
- Independent problem solving; self-directed, self-starting.
- More than 7 years of previous system administration experience with a minimum of 3 years of script development.
- A degree in CS or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Programming experience in an applicable language
- Publications or contributions within the field of system administration (e.g., open source contributions).
Required Qualifications: Bachelors degree or higher degree such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics from an accredited university. PhD in an approved field with no minimum years of relevant experience or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Design/implement/maintain our private networks and development/test environments.
- Manage and maintain vendor VPN access.
- Establishes/recommends policies and procedures for system use and services.
- Has purchasing authority and responsibility for purchase justification.
AT&T - 7 months ago
If you’re equal parts people person and tech person, you’re likely an AT&T person. Why? Because our passion for technology...