Works with internal business partners and external resources to provide application systems that enable functional processes. Has system wide responsibility on complex projects. Provide subject matter expertise to solve functionally complex problems. Provide direction to team members and coaching to junior level employees.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Percentages represent guidelines only; May vary by position and fluctuate due to changing business needs.
1. 30% Analysis and design work - Analyze business requirements, develop design, manage configuration and integration, and conduct robust testing to support new system implementations, current system upgrades and business process changes and CI initiatives. Work to be reviewed with Sr. Analyst or manager.
2. 25% Day to day support - Support current business systems including issue identification and resolution, functional performance monitoring and tuning and disaster recovery capability to meet business objectives leveraging both user feedback and internal metrics to drive improvement.
3. 20% Advanced Support - Provide industry expertise on difficult and complex issues.
4. 10% Reports and Metrics - Extract and format data to support functional reporting and metric needs.
5. 10% Project management ¿ Development and coordination of large projects across multiple systems and functions.
6. 5% Documentation and Training - Create and maintain documentation and conduct end user training. Educate users in workflow, business processes, and reporting metrics enabled by system.
7. Supervisory Responsibilities: None
8. Responsibilities outside of normal business hours ¿ Most maintenance will happen on weekends.
9. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities: Is a key senior member of the Oracle team, responsible for coordination of complex and multi-disciplined projects from design to implementation. Works closely with managers, other IT implementation teams, and business customers to fulfill project goals. Responsible for creating an environment of cooperation and teamwork which supports the identification and timely completion of projects. This would include, but is not limited to, training support, monitoring progress, and communication among Pella and customer teams. May be responsible for coordinating testing scenarios, and tasked with managing customer relationships in assigned areas. Assists with issue resolution and troubleshooting on a daily basis
Technical / functional skills (includes computer skills): Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project, and Access. Oracle Metalink and SR creation. Familiarity with Oracle applications modules and high level database structure. Able to understand and perform basic query functions. Familiarity with application setups necessary for forms, reports, workflows, etc. as well as knowledge of flex fields, value sets, lookups, and concurrent processing. Proficient with use of business intelligence tools and best practices. Strong leadership, organization and project management skills, and the ability to speak in front of groups of customers and/or employees Exhibits above average ability to decipher functional processes and communicate both to technical as well as business resources.
Certifications or licenses: none
Education & Work Experience
Bachelor¿s degree and 5+ years related functional experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conditions of Employment
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Pre-offer background check and post-offer drug screen required. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.