Exercise full responsibility and authority for high value, large revenue technology proposals including power and IT. Proposals could be US FAR-based or international tenders, and will include complex, multi-functional statements of work. Act as the prime customer and competitor interface for the Company. Manage all administrative aspects of the proposal including developing the proposal plan, establishing and adhering to schedule, preparing compliance and integration matrix, ensuring compliance with requirements, identifying and staffing volume and sections leads, all above the stated standards. Initiate, direct, and monitor the performance of supporting proposal staff and Center of Excellence (COE) departments. Lead the strategy sessions for theme development as well as work sheeting and storyboarding sessions. Communicate and assist in creating the proposal concept of operations philosophy, objectives and expectations to the program staff. Resolve problems and/or conflicts and maintain open communication with all levels of the organization. Assimilate management and budget information with Capture Managers and write reports detailing proposal status activities. The Senior Proposal Manager reviews requests for proposals (RFPs) or international tenders; develops proposal plans, outlines and schedules; and prepares questions for the potential client.
For each proposal effort, he assembles and reviews the efforts of an appropriate team of partners, consultants, subcontractors, writers, editors, illustrators, desktop publishers, proofreaders and quality control and print reproduction personnel. He guides proposal team writers and financial analysts in preparing the technical and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel. He reviews proposal draft and final versions for responsiveness to RFP, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality and effective design and layout. In addition, the proposal manager is the main point of contact for the company at bidder's conferences and during site visits. In addition to work on specific proposals, the Senior Proposal Manager creates corporate concepts and boilerplate content for use in future proposals. After each proposal submission, the Senior Proposal Manager leads post-proposal efforts such as negotiations; contract start-up briefings and proposal lessons learned meetings.
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described - performs related duties as requested)
.1. Acts as the customer and competitor interface for IAP at bidders' conferences, site visits, and project tours. Prepares trip reports and debriefs proposal team on information and intelligence gathered.
2. Works with the capture manager to organize complete proposal schedules for the initial submission, follow-on orals presentations, questions and answers discussions, amendments or change pages, modifications, and Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs). Implements target acquisition plans and schedules for follow-on government marketing efforts until the target is captured.
3. Develops compliant outlines for proposal volumes that incorporate Section L, M and C specifications, integrating with capture strategy. Develops cross-reference matrixes and roadmaps for proposals. Identifies specific tasks to be performed and identifies areas of responsibility and schedules.
4. Translates Capture Plan intelligence, data, and information into themes, discriminators, bidding strategies, performance and cost innovations for the entire Proposal Team’s use in text, graphics, oral presentations, video tapes, estimating, staffing, organizational structures, outsourcing, subcontracting, or lease/purchase cost analyses for the proposal/bid
effort. Reviews and approves recommendations submitted by other proposal team members.
5. Oversees development of worksheets and storyboards, ensuring integrated storyline is prominent and compelling.
6. Collaborates with the Capture Manager and Operations Director to conduct strategy and CONOPS development sessions that typically include senior executives/Vice-Presidents/Directors/Managers. This includes Blue Team reviews for the complete bid effort and final Cost-Bid Reviews whether within the Company Headquarters, project rebid-locations, or as assigned to bid efforts representing IAP at team partner facilities.
7. Orchestrates Corporate staff assistance needed to complete the bid with inputs, data, text, or writing support from HR, IT, Finance, Safety, Security, Internal Audit, Service Centers,
Contracts, Small Business, Legal, Quality, or other staff functions as needed.
8. Ensures accuracy and adequacy of final work product, including in-process and final reviews, editing for compliance with applicable standards, validation and change verification, and ensures acceptable style layout. Ensures that there are no inconsistencies between cost and technical volumes. Complies with the Corporate Estimating Manual.
9. Manages Proposal team providing training, guidance, instructions, motivation, and assignments to assigned staff writers, project personnel, consultants, or Subject Matter Experts.
10. Leads oral presentation preparation including preparing / reviewing visual aids, reviews and dress rehearsal.
11. Has attention to detail and first-class leadership and motivational skills. He must be able to inspire outstanding work from team members with a range of experience and technical abilities. Other requirements include excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the organization from senior leadership to proposal graphics personnel.
12. Leads strategy development sessions.
13. Contributes to the strategy and oversight of proposal development.
14. Integrates corporate and project resources to proposal efforts and to continuously improve the company’s competitive position.
Education and Experience: (or equivalent)
A BS in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Information Technology/Computer Science with 10 years of experience in technical or marketing fields. An MS in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Information Technology/Computer Science with 8 years of experience in technical or marketing fields. At least 8 years of experience managing or producing proposals for opportunities for the US or international governments. At least 5 years of this experience is in preparing proposals for medium-value contracts. The proposal manager has an acceptable win rate and is current with changes in the FAR. Supervisory experience and total responsibility for proposal development from initial kick-off and pricing to final production. Must have working relationships with capture and marketing specialists who develop capability statements.
License and Certifications:
PMP certification desirable but not required
PE desirable but not required
Knowledge and Skills:
Complete understanding and application of proposal development principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices in technology sectors including power, IT, and others as well as with the proposal development process.
20-25% site visits for capture and teaming.
Have the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
IAP Worldwide Services - 22 months ago
IAP - Your Global Challenges Partner
IAP is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional...