This individual manages all Consent Order requirements related to the Internal Control system and structure framework for the four Company’s add-on card products including Payment Protection (DPP), Identity Theft Protection (ITP) Wallet Protection (WLP) and Credit ScoreTracker (CST). Responsibilities may include some or all of the following for the products: overall management of the day-to-day operation and oversight of the Products as it related to their internal control systems; work with all levels in the business units to develop their risk, controls and performance metrics; work with all Control Owners and their business units to assess and report on their regulatory and compliance risks associated with Products; develop, manage and coordinate all material for the monthly Vice Presidents Protection Products Controls meetings; develop Internal Control system written presentations and reports for Oversight Committee and Bank Board; management and negotiations of vendor contracts, management of team resources, internal control management across all business units supporting Protection Products, performance and goals.
This role interfaces with all levels of management including C Level, Vice Presidents and key business partner contacts that include: Law & Compliance, Corporate Risk, Internal Audit, Finance, E-Business, Marketing Analytics, Production Services, CSE, Marketing Business Controls, Products Marketing Strategy and Operations, New Accounts, Business Technology (BT), CMA and the Vendor Management Office as well as our external product vendors Assurant and Experian (ECS).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the day-to-day operation and oversight of the Products as it related to their internal control systems; working with all levels of management in the business units to develop their risk, controls and performance metrics
- Identify and manage all business controls, risks and audits of the controls including the creation of policy and procedure documents that support all business activities with tracking for risks and controls of those procedures
- Develop and effectively use Controls reporting and analysis in order to provide insight and observations regarding trends and offer solutions to address needs where applicable; develop new reports when gaps are identified. Work with all Control Owners and their business units to assess and report on their regulatory and compliance risks and controls associated with Products
- Develop, manage and coordinate all materials for the monthly Vice Presidents Protection Products Controls meetings; develop Internal Control system written presentations and reports for Oversight Committee and Bank Board.
- Ensure adherence to and completion of all projects as a direct result of the CFPB consent order. Partner with legal and compliance to ensure all projects, processes, risks, controls have met all regulatory and compliance standards; work to exceed regulatory standards where possible
- Effectively manage a team of individuals responsible for Internal Control structure framework. Delegate projects to the team advising them to take leadership roles in product-related BT or vendor related projects, including writing Project Proposals, project management, requirements gathering, testing, and execution in order to communicate impact, clarify strategic direction and introduce new initiatives
- Coordinate efforts with Finance and appropriate business areas to successfully forecast sales and revenue goals and manage all product(s) expenses including the DPP reserve and management of actuarial activities
- Maintain vendor oversight and improve relationship with vendors - including but not limited to enhance reporting, forecasting and daily project management; collaborate on vendor contract negotiations
Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred.
8-10 years credit card experience. 4-6 years management experience (direct people leadership responsibilities) required.
Demonstrated and strong analytical, communication, presentation, written and negotiation skills.
Ability to chair and lead meetings involving all levels of management.
Discover Financial Services - 10 months ago
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand...