Edward Jones is one of the nation's fastest-growing financial services firms. We currently serve nearly 7 million clients through our network of more than 11,000 branch offices. We are seeking highly motivated, results-oriented individuals as we continue to grow and meet the needs of the long-term individual investor.
Our commitment to providing a workplace that both challenges us and rewards our associates has contributed to our inclusion in FORTUNE magazine's list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For 2012" in America. The firm has appeared on the list 13 times, including the No. 5 ranking for large-sized companies this year.
Department: Information Systems Voice Projects
The Information Systems (IS) division at Edward Jones is currently seeking a Senior Network Analyst (Voice Applications Developer) that will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining voice-centric programs with minimal direction.
- Utilize application life-cycle development using open systems technology such as Java, J2EE,Scripting SQL etc.
- Obtaining functional knowledge of telephony/voice systems firm wide, troubleshooting problems with third-party vendors, and providing ongoing technical support and fulfill service level agreements including availability, performance, capacity, and security
- Developing and modifying complex procedures considering equipment capacity and limitations, formulating and defining system scope and objectives, preparing specifications and providing guidance and training to other associates
- Provide quality assurance review of developed solutions of self and peers
- Conduct discussions and/or meetings with IS Management and end users
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Engineering preferred or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of five years experience in open systems application development (JAVA, Scripting, with UNIX shell scripting/command line experience preferred)
- Experience with voice-centric applications development/programming is preferred, but not required
- Desire to learn, maintain and support Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) components
- Desire to learn Interactive Voice Response (IVR) development (Avaya Voice Portal/VXML/CCXML)
- Desire to learn functionality of Avaya Application Enablement Services, CTI, Avaya Voice Portal and Avaya Communication Manager
- Desire to learn operation of packet analyzers (i.e. Network General Sniffer or GN Nettest WinPharoah) to decode packets and data flows, in order to understand and troubleshoot production network issues impacting voice quality
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with team, leaders and users
Other financial firms may try to expand their presence, but it's going to be difficult to keep up with the Joneses. The principal...