Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives, families and futures. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, Genworth has approximately 6,400 employees operating through three divisions around the world. For more information on employment opportunities, please visit genworth.com/employment.
Leads project teams through the most complex, highest impact projects. Manages multiple projects using widely accepted project methodologies (e.g. PMI, Agile/LEAN, SDMC). Leads team efforts to develop new or revised processes/procedures across multiple operational and business areas; Motivates and directs team members to build cooperative project teams to conduct research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues and develops formal recommendations for presentation to management; Works independently and with mid level and senior management on complex projects; directs/supervises project sub-teams. Applies project management tools to manage project scope, cost, risk, quality, people and timelines. Conducts Cost Benefit Analysis for each project, validates cost and benefit assumptions with stakeholders, resource managers, and process owners; receives Finance sign-off on all projects. Acts as mentor and coach for Project Managers and Project Coordinators in areas of project methodology and tools. Conduct written and oral project updates for senior management and business leaders
- Minimum of 3-5 years project management experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic relationships and lead customer focused projects across organizational boundaries.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication (i.e. oral, written, interpersonal and presentation) skills.
- Demonstrated experience interacting & collaborating with operational areas (ie. Telecommunications, IT, Tech Integration) in gathering, documenting and developing business requirements for projects.
- Must be committed to continuous improvements and innovations within the department.
- Results oriented, ability to meet and exceed objectives and handle multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills.
- Proficient in various MS Personal Computing Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, MS Project etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor less experienced project managers in project management methodologies.
- Masters Degree in Business, Management or Project Management
- PMP, Six Sigma, Lean, and/or Agile Certification
- Proficient in the areas of Capacity Planning, Performance, Financial and Supplier Relationship Management.
- Familiar with Life, LTC and Annuity Customer Service organizational and/or product knowledge
- Demonstrated operations analytics experience
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....