Our premier Fortune 500 client in Downtown Cleveland is seeking an Oracle Software Quality Assurance Analyst for a permanent position.
Sponsorship and Relo provided! Call for details!
Sr Oracle Software Quality Assuarance Analyst
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for the development and execution of automated software test scripts that support the Oracle implementation(s) and regression testing activities within The Company. This role will be focused on implementing efficiencies and best practices in the area of automated software testing and execution to help speed the delivery and quality of our Oracle products. The incumbent, in conjunction with team members, will develop and implement quality assurance standards and measures in the area of automated testing for the Quality Assurance Team(s) within the organization. The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for writing test plans and automated scripts, for tracking defects and fixes and reporting the progress of each. The incumbent will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
• Promote, foster and pro-actively implement the use of Quality Assurance best practices and standards in direct support of increased profitability and financial growth of The Company on a daily basis.
• Create and implement best practices for use of our automated testing tools; including both Quick Test Professional and the Business Process Testing tool.
• Create efficient automated scripts that utilize Business Process Testing (BPT), clean code, and best practice coding standards to support Domestic and Global Oracle Applications.
• Create, document, and train on best practices for QTP/BPT script creation.
• Proactively mentor QA Associates and Professional Apprentices on Oracle processes, best practices, and industry standards.
• Train QA team members and business users on the HP testing tools.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Create, maintain, execute, and manage QTP/BPT data load scripts that support acquisitions or historical dataloads performed within Oracle Applications.
• Manage the requests of customers for the creation of manual and automated testing.
• Install and train on software testing tools to capitalize on quality assurance best practices.
• Take on a lead role for the QA effort on Oracle Regression testing (Domestic & Global) which includes, but is not limited to: creating test plans, writing test cases, creating data load scripts, effectively communicating and tracking test status, training business users on HP testing tools, coordinating meetings, creating effective reports, and performing functional, usability and performance testing utilizing the HP testing tools.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• 4+ years work experience in the area of Software Quality Assurance.
•3+ years experience using QuickTest Professional (QTP) or equivalent testing tool(s) to create automated tests.
• 3+ years experience working with HP Quality Center or Application Lifecycle Management or equivalent testing tool(s).
• 1+ years experience using Business Process Testing (BPT) or equivalent testing tool(s) to create automated tests.
• Experience applying Testing Skills: Test plan and test case formulation, report creation, defect tracking, business requirement/system specification analysis.
• Proficiency writing automated software tests with VBScript.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience using various Testing Methodologies.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the various Microsoft Windows operating systems and the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Support Oracle production by automating test scripts, creating data loads, regression testing applications, and improving and optimizing processes.
• Develop, maintain, execute, and manage all regular Oracle Domestic and Global regression testing activity; this includes attending and managing meetings, along with defect resolution and result reporting.
• Create, maintain, execute, and manage QTP/BPT data load scripts that support the business team in both Oracle projects and Oracle production.
• Support the Rest of World Oracle implementations and testing activities with the automation and execution of key business processes.
• Partner with the ALM Administrator in the configuration of HP Application Lifecycle Management testing tool for Oracle test initiatives by performing administrative activities which include but are not limited to: creating projects, setting up the Test Plan and Test Lab modules, adding customizations, adding and setting user responsibilities, and reporting.
• Oversee and delegate work to QA Associates, Professional Apprentices, and the Technical Analyst that assists with Oracle projects.
• Manage and maintain efficiencies in the automated script execution and script development through the implementation of automation best practices.
• Manage the full suite of automated regression tests to ensure automated testing of key Oracle business processes and ensure testing to support our local (in-country) Oracle test teams.
• Create and maintain in flow charting format, the automated tests that reflect execution path for the Domestic and Global regression suite of tests.
• Provide QA assistance as needed, to QA team members focused on developing Oracle ERP & Point of Sale automated business process tests. Incidental Functions
• Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Some travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day as required.
Randstad Technologies - 18 months ago
Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest...