Headquartered in Friedrichshafen, Germany, ZF is a leading worldwide automotive supplier for Driveline and Chassis Technology. The ZF Group is currently represented by approx.. 71,000 employees at over 100 facilities in 27 countries. ZF Services, a business unit of the ZF Group, combines SACHS, LEMFORDER, BOGE and ZF Parts product brands as well as the global offering of the ZF Group in retail, services and customer service. ZF Services aims to strengthen international customer service and to expand the after sales business with new products and services.
ZF Transmissions is looking for a… To apply, please email your resume and other supporting documents to our Staffing Partner, HTI, at email@example.com attention ZF Staffing Specialist. Please include in your subject line the Job Title and Location.
Sr Packaging Specialist
Supervise the packaging team, Develop, design, approve and maintain returnable packaging concepts throughout the whole Supply Chain of ZF Transmissions.
• Provide guidance, supervision, direction to packaging team in accordance with company’s directives and initiatives.
• Maintain e-time and performance reviews.
• Develop and design returnable packaging concepts for finished products and in-house parts following internal guidelines and specific customer requirements as applicable.
• Approve suppliers’ packaging concepts for purchased parts according to ZF Transmissions Packaging Guideline while consider/respect handling/ergonomic requirements from Production Department and quality/cleanliness requirements from Quality Department.
• Act as a liaison for and advise suppliers on developing and designing packaging concepts for purchased parts whenever necessary.
• Develop and update a Packaging Guideline for ZF Transmissions to standardize packaging items and to reduce overall process costs.
• Develop packaging team through guidance, supervision, direction, and work flow.
• Maintain e-time bi-weekly for hourly associates.
• Submit performance reviews in timely manner.
• Develop solutions for packaging constraints.
• Develop/approve packaging concepts and achieve a high level of the usage of standardized packaging items, and by this reduce the use of customized packaging concepts to a minimum.
• Review new/additional hardware variances and design changes of finished products to become aware of/ avoid impact for uniformed racks.
• Define demand and budget for packaging items and monitor/report the expensed/remaining packaging budget throughout the fiscal year. Monitor the stock/availability and fluctuating demand of packaging and initiate orders to buy new/replaced packaging. By this, maintain and ease the availability of all packaging items.
• Update and maintain ZF Transmissions’ packaging database in SAP and other tools for all kind of parts (mainly purchased parts).
• Work cross functionally with customers, suppliers, purchasing, internal manufacturing engineering, logistics and production, while following internal guidelines and specific customer requirements as applicable.
• Other duties as required by this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering) or equivalent experience.
• Four (4) years of related experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel).
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan and problem solve.
• Ability to travel – both foreign and domestic.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge about OSHA requirements and ergonomic guidelines.
• CAD drawing skills / ability to read blue prints.
• Project Management skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in Supply Chain/Logistics in the Automotive Industry.
• Experience in the use of SAP (module MM, PP and SD).
• Understand and support all requirements of TS16949 and ISO 14001.
• German Language skills.
Are you interested?
To apply, please email your resume and other supporting documents to our Staffing Partner, HTI, at firstname.lastname@example.org attention ZF Staffing Specialist. Please include in your subject line the Job Title and Location.